It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asthma Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2007, 09:16 AM   #1
(female)

breathez HB User
Borderline asthma test

I was hoping someone can give me an idea of what this means?
I had a pulmonary function test done. I was scheduled to have a methylcholine challenge as well. The lab tech told me that the asthma numbers where low (not dangerously low) and she did not feel comfortable with the doing the methylcholine challenge. She then did the test over after a nebulizer with albuteral. The asthma numbers went up. After that she said that when my doctor gets the results I should be going on medicenes.
But when my results did come back I was told that it wasn't asthma and that the results were borderline, that there is an obstruction (but no one said what). Next I am off to get allergy testing.
I am concerned being that I have a terrible uncontrollable cough. Anyone I know with asthma who hears the cough tells me I should be on an inhaler.
My symptoms are aggrevated by the cold weather, especially walking in the cold, I am out of breath within a few minutes and the cough starts after I rest. I also can begin coughing when laughing hard. My lungs feel at times tight, sometimes like a band is tightly wrapped around them. I am breathless at walking up or down stairs. The cough can interupt my sleeping as well.
My concern is that this will get overlooked...I have been complaining for 4-6 years to doctors who do not even consider testing. Also I have been on allergy shots and take all the medicene for allergies for over 14 years....this does not help.
I just wonder what "borderline" really means? If anyone has an idea please let me know. I am waiting patiently for some help with this nasty coughing and breathing issue.
Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-25-2007, 03:47 AM   #2
(male)

dutch-ny HB User
Re: Borderline asthma test

Have you considered using an ionizer air filter when inside your living quarters, and wearing a pollen/dust mask when you are outside?
Some of your problems could be due to the quality of the air.

Last edited by dutch-ny; 12-25-2007 at 03:48 AM.

Closed Thread