It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asthma Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2008, 12:42 PM   #1
(female)

Valentina26 HB User
Unhappy Asthma or something else?

About 6 years ago, I started coughing up mucous and only in the morning. It has never went away. I went to the Dr and he diagnosed me with Asthma. I never had asthma attacks. I don't even carry an inhaler. I even thought that I had acid reflux or sinus drainage. I don't have heartburn. I have recently went to the Dr again with tightness in my chest. As soon as I wake, I feel my the tightness and almost to the point that I can't breath. I then feel a tickle in my throat as I can feel the mucous coming up. My chest rattles and then I literally am choking and gagging until it is all out. After that, I feel better. Occasionally, I have clots of blood. I had an xray and the Dr said that my right lung has alot of white haze. Now I don't know what that means but I am sick and tired of going to Drs and they can't tell me really what is going on. I gross my family out. They say that I disgust them but I can't help it. I have tried Benadryl but it does nothing to dry the mucous.
I need advice. Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-16-2008, 12:44 PM   #2
(female)

Valentina26 HB User
Re: Asthma or something else?

[QUOTE=Valentina26;3533541]About 6 years ago, I started coughing up mucous and only in the morning. It has never went away. I went to the Dr and he diagnosed me with Asthma. I never had asthma attacks. I don't even carry an inhaler. I even thought that I had acid reflux or sinus drainage. I don't have heartburn. I have recently went to the Dr again with tightness in my chest. As soon as I wake, I feel my the tightness and almost to the point that I can't breath. I then feel a tickle in my throat as I can feel the mucous coming up. My chest rattles and then I literally am choking and gagging until it is all out. After that, I feel better. Occasionally, I have clots of blood. I had an xray and the Dr said that my right lung has alot of white haze. Now I don't know what that means but I am sick and tired of going to Drs and they can't tell me really what is going on. I gross my family out. They say that I disgust them but I can't help it. I have tried Benadryl but it does nothing to dry the mucous.
I need advice. Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-16-2008, 04:12 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

gcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB User

It could be acid reflux related. You don't have to have traditional heartburn to have acid reflux - chest tightness, post nasal drip and throat irritation are all common symptoms of acid reflux - and all tend to be worse in the morning because the acid can easily irritate your esophagus when you're laying down at night.

You could try taking PrilosecOTC daily for a week or two to see if it helps with your symptoms - if acid reflux is the issue it will stop the acid reflux, and your symptoms will improve quickly.

Old 04-17-2008, 04:34 AM   #4
(male)

Trilla HB User

I know how you feel. I had a similar story last July and havent fully recovered. Was diagnosed with asmtha, other docs reckoned it mightent be asthma...it can be despressing alright. What meds are you on at the moment?

Old 04-17-2008, 09:43 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ratatosk HB UserRatatosk HB User

Have you been tested for cystic fibrosis? Mycobaterium? COPD -- might want to post in the lung section.

Last edited by Ratatosk; 04-17-2008 at 09:44 AM.

Closed Thread