It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asthma Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2008, 05:29 PM   #1
(female)

smiley85243 HB User
Smile Just released from the yeta another hospital stay

Well it has been a tough 2 weeks. Asthma has been really bad. I went to my doc all last week to get vest treatments but unfortunatly they didn't help very much and my lung capacity was only at 50% so doc had me go tot the ER and after beung there for 10 minutes decided I needed to stay. This is the 6th time in 10 months quite a bit of time. SO now I am going back to the pulmologist to figure out how to avoide being hospitalized every 3 months. I just want a normal life where I can do normal things wihtout being triggered all the time. Nxt week I am supposed to start the xolair depending on how my breathing is. Anyone have any suggestions on what to do in the meantime? The docs are stumped I'm on everything I can be including the highest dose of advair as well as on Prednisone. There were no infections, xrays were negative so how do I live a normal life and get the asthma to where it's controlled?

Thanks for listening I am just frustrated. On a positive note though I am looking to go back to school to become a RT

Old 05-30-2008, 11:56 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User
Re: Just released from the yeta another hospital stay

All I can say is God Bless you! It must be scary as heck. I have had my first touch of mild asthma the last 2 or 3 nights. It has scared me so much. I can't stand it. I can't imagine what you are going through. I pray God helps you get it under control. Hang in there and let us know how you are!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-31-2008, 01:30 PM   #3
(female)

smiley85243 HB User

Thank you so much. It has been a rough year this year with my asthma. I am still recovering from this last bad attack but everything seems to be exacerbating it so I have to take it easy doc won't let me do anything. It's REALLY hard for me to stay still but I know if I don't I will be back in the hospital again in no time and I don;t want to do that. My pulmologist wants me to go on disability which I have tried to fight against but he's right when he says I need time to get better so I don't keep ending up in the hospital. I guess I have to listen to him. . I still need to use my SVN every 4 hours and am still waking up for treatments despite the fact I have been on Prednisone for the last 4 weeks and am still on it. I have a great doctor who is trying everything he can to get it under control. With summer here and days that are going to reach 100+ degrees by tomorrow, it's going to be a struggle but one I am ready to take on

Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers and please know my thoughts and prayers are with you also .

Old 05-31-2008, 07:02 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User

I am still trying to figure out if I am developing asthma or what. I am not sure if I have a viral thing or not. I just know there is gunk in my throat. It feels tight. Sometimes my chest feels tight. But I have anxiety too. So is it anxiety cause the tight chest or vice versa?? In the past the allergist told me I don't have it. But I am kind of wondering. I just wish my throat didn't feel swollen. Now I really feel for people that have asthma like never before.

Closed Thread