It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asthma Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2008, 05:50 PM   #1
(male)

Guitarguy77 HB User
Does Advair cause muscle and joint pain?

I have been taking advair for about a year now. It has helped me to control my Asthma. I have been having problems with arthritis and tendonitus in muscles I use alot for playing music, (guitar) I have seen some of the side effects of advair are muscle pain. The pain I have been having has been effecting my mobility.
The doctor has put me on prendinsone ( a very high dose) and celebrex. They are both helping but I wonder if advair is the problem. I am only 39 years old and still in good shape.

Any experiences??

Old 05-31-2008, 07:35 PM   #2
(female)

trup20 HB User
Re: Does Advair cause muscle and joint pain?

Hi Guitarguy
I use to have asthma real bad when I was a kid but it has gotton better now that I'm older but I still have some attacks every once in a while and I do use the advair for those attacks. I know that some of the side effects are headache,sore throat,coughing, and your right muscle pain and also bone pain that is all I can remember but I'm sure they are more of them. So it could be causing your pain I would tell your doctor and see what he thinks maybe he might want you to try something else for your asthma. I tried singular which worked great on my asthma but it made me very irritable so I had to switch to the advair. I hope this helps. Good luck on finding the right medicine for your asthma. I have never took prendinsone or clebrex so I'm not sure on the side effects for them. Maybe someone else on here has and can help you find out which is causing your muscle pain. But advair never caused me muscle pain but as you know everybody is different and that could be your problem. Good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-01-2008, 12:32 PM   #3
(male)

jackcc HB User

Yes. Advair causes muscle pain and severe cramps. No doubt about it.

Old 06-01-2008, 12:54 PM   #4
(male)

Guitarguy77 HB User

Update,

I have been off of Advair now for over a month. I am taking Singulair and Albuterol (only as needed). I have seen a substantial change in my muscle and joint aches and pain. I really think for me I just cannot take Advair for any length of time. It does help my Asthma but it's side effects interfere too much with my daily life. I am working on getting another treatment plan in place. My Asthma has been only moderate as of lately.

Anyone else have aches and pains in their joints and muscles while taking Advair? Thanks for the replys!
Tim

Old 06-05-2008, 07:58 AM   #5
(female)

volleyballmom86 HB User

My husband took himself off of Advair about a month ago. He was trying to reduce his asthma meds in general. The difference in his joint pain (mainly knee) has been remarkable! We talk about it all the time! He had gotten to the point where his knees hurt all the time! Now he says his knees don't ache at all unless a front is coming through.

He's also lost some weight - I don't know if weight gain is a side effect of Advair or not.

Last edited by volleyballmom86; 06-05-2008 at 07:59 AM.

Old 06-05-2008, 08:18 AM   #6
(female)

acprivra HB User

It's interesting to hear about the different effects that people can have from the same medication. I have not experienced muscle pain - at least to a noticeable degree - but I suppose that it's the same as one medication working for one person but not for another.
There was a posting a while back about people who believed they had gained weight from taking Advair, you could check that one out.
It's good to hear that he has been able to reduce his doses, I tried recently and it didn't work too well, so I'm sticking with what works for now.
Take care,
Andrea

Closed Thread