It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asthma Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2008, 05:51 PM   #1
(female)

gimpydimp HB User
Lingering mucus-y cough

So I spent the weekend in the worst asthma attack I have ever had in my life. I am not a severe asthmatic, and I am sure to a lot of you the attack would have been considered mild, however, it was my first full blown attack that lasted almost 3 days! (I didn't get to the doctor until Monday -- didn't want, nor did I think I needed, to go the ER.) Anyway, I got an inhaler and got relief quickly with that for the tightness but since then (yesterday) I have been coughing like mad and bringing up a lot of phlegm. Is this normal to have this phlegm coming up like this for days after an attack? I know absolutely nothing about what it is really like to have asthma because I think I have had such incredibly mild asthma up to this point. Thanks for your response.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-19-2008, 06:06 PM   #2
(female)

E.K HB User
Re: Lingering mucus-y cough

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimpydimp View Post
So I spent the weekend in the worst asthma attack I have ever had in my life. I am not a severe asthmatic, and I am sure to a lot of you the attack would have been considered mild, however, it was my first full blown attack that lasted almost 3 days! (I didn't get to the doctor until Monday -- didn't want, nor did I think I needed, to go the ER.) Anyway, I got an inhaler and got relief quickly with that for the tightness but since then (yesterday) I have been coughing like mad and bringing up a lot of phlegm. Is this normal to have this phlegm coming up like this for days after an attack? I know absolutely nothing about what it is really like to have asthma because I think I have had such incredibly mild asthma up to this point. Thanks for your response.
I was first diagnosed with asthma at the age of 8 and that was long before the relieving puffers were available, therefore I would have severe asthma attacks which would last several days. When my breathing finally got back to normal I would have a mucus producing cough for a few days then my breathing was back to normal.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread