It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asthma Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2008, 07:53 AM   #1
(female)

ROakes1019 HB User
update on my dehumidifier

My dehumidifier came yesterday and I started it up around 3:00 pm. In a couple of hours I was breathing freely. I couldn't believe how relieved I was. I was a little concerned, though, that the water container had no water in it. But I took it to my bedroom last night and used it there. I slept soundly without my nose plugging up. This morning the water container was half full. I wondered whether leaving door open to my workroom during the day and closing my door to the bedroom might have been the difference. Also I have an air filter in the workroom (it has never given me the relief the dehumidifier did) and that may be the difference. I'll see how much water accumulates today. In conclusion, if you suspect that humidity may be causing your asthma attacks, I definitely recommend a dehumidifier. Mine is a Soleus and collects up to 40 pints of water before it has to be emptied. I paid $200 for it and hesitated to pay that much for just another gadget that might not work. Now I would say this is the best investment I'm made for asthma relief. All the pulmonologist's new prescriptions and upping my Advair to 500 didn't give me much relief at all. Sometimes, since we know more about ouselves than anyone else, we have to diagnose ourselves. Anyway, good luck to all you humidity sufferers, like me, in finding the kind of relief I have.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-26-2008, 03:48 PM   #2
(female)

dreamingofasong HB User
Re: update on my dehumidifier

Happy to hear the dehumidifier worked!!
Thanks for the update, if humidity starts bugging me more I'll try it--I think we may have one somewhere around here.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread