It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asthma Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2008, 08:23 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

lookinforanswer HB User
Lightbulb Is this Asthma, allergies or what, driving me crazy......

For a few months now on and off this is how I have been feeling, for instance today I am feeling this way so I figured I would post it before I forget.

I wake up in the middle of the night coughing but getting back to sleep, the cough kind of feels dry, no productive cough.

When I wake up in the morning my whole head feels like I just got done smoking then all day it feels as if someone is standing in front of me blowing smoke in my face and I feel like I can't breathe. I don't know if anyone has ever had smoke blown in their face or has been around cigarette smoke. But I feel like I am choking and can't breathe.

Then when it comes to eating, I can swallow but then as I am eating I feel that I can't swallow at times and I have to stop chewing my food and can't swallow it feeling I am going to choke because I can't breathe.

Right now as I sit here I am feeling this way. I could wake up tomorrow and be fine, or I could be worse. It is not like this everyday.

Then I thought earlier that I could use my vicks vapor inhaler, but when I breathed it in, I felt even worse of not being able to breathe.

I do have allergies and they have been acting up, but it is usually the cough and the sneezing, yesterday my eyes were so itchy, watery, and burning so bad. But today that is gone.

But with this breathing thing it comes and goes and has been coming more frequently than it used to.

I used to smoke years ago so I know that I have damaged my lungs, if they have gotten better or not I don't know.

I would like to know what this sounds like.

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-28-2008, 08:07 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Vanessa74 HB User
Re: Is this Asthma, allergies or what, driving me crazy......

Hello,

Could be asthma (perhaps a mild form) - could be your allergies causing it - perhaps they are worse this year (mine sure seem to be) - could also be Reflux/GERD.

Both asthma and reflux seem to be worse at night - and can cause a cough. I think your best bet is to write down all your symptoms and go see your Dr. to get some testing done - so you can get treated and get some relief.

I have asthma, GERD, allergies, and high blood pressure - what a lovely combo - Any one of my conditions can adversely effect another so it is important to find out what is going on - even if its a combo - and get treated for each.

Take care of yourself - and I hope that you feel better soon.

Vanessa

Last edited by Vanessa74; 06-28-2008 at 08:07 AM.

Old 07-04-2008, 07:16 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

lookinforanswer HB User
Exclamation Re: Is this Asthma, allergies or what, driving me crazy......

Hi,

I think I may have figured out what is going on here.

I haven't felt bad in a few days. Well yesterday my mother and I went and had lunch at our normal spot and have not been there in the last few days. Well as I am sitting there at lunch I am feeling this way again and all day now.

So now I am thinking it is the place we are eating at, then it dawns on me, next door there is a nail place. It must be the chemicals they are using on people's nails and it is seeping through the walls.

What do you think?

I am a little congested today from yesterday as I usually am the next morning. I know today we will not be eating at that place so I want to see how I am feeling.

I wonder what kind of chemicals they use. I remember years ago when my mother used to get her nails done it would bother me to go into these places. There must be something that my body doesn't like in there.

I wonder if I can find out what these chemicals are that must be bothering me.

Have a Happy Independence Day all.

Closed Thread