I was just wondering if anyone here knows this - I'm having asthma symptoms because I'm living in a cabin with a lot of mold (I'm actually hopefully moving out soon) but anyways, I know the mold spores are in my lungs, but how long does it take for them to leave my lungs? I was away from the cabin for the past 2 days and I still have the same symptoms. I'm guessing that it takes a while for my body to go back to normal?
My allergist told me that it could take up to 2 weeks of not being exposed to an allergen like mold before my allergy symptoms would completely clear up (I was hoping for an excuse to take a week off and go to the desert but no such luck).
I would get away from the mold completely. It has ruined my health forever. I lived in a moldy rental house for 3 years and developed hypothryoidism. The same happened to my friend too. I would make arrangements to live somewhere else soon. Mold is never healthy. Good luck!
Hi, new here and just came across this thread. I moved into a house 3 years ago that had damp and mold (although we were the first occupants of the house), i was pregnant at the time and so my immune system was compromised too. Although we complained about the mold, the landlord just painted over the problem. My health started to deteriorate and i went from a normal, healthy individual who never had any asthmatic history or symptoms, to someone who cant even get dressed without experiencing severe breathing difficulties. My "asthma" symptoms became so chronic that i use a strong powder inhaler twice a day, take cortisone tablets daily, take antihistimines and use a gas inhaler about 3 times a day!
Out of desperation, i moved 4 days ago, into a thatch house with NO damp! However, although i am 99.9% convinced that my symptoms are caused from the damp and mold, i have had severe breathing problems in my new home. Could the thatch be causing this as i haven't given my lungs a chance to heal, or could it just be the stress and exertion from the move?
Please help if any of you have a similar history. Thanks.
I don't know much about thatch houses so I can't comment on whether that's a good option (seems like thatch might foster mold growth too but I don't know).
If the mold in your former residence was the main cause of your breathing problems, and your new home is clear of the mold, it will take some time for those issues to resolve now that you're not exposed to the mold (my allergist told me at least 2 weeks so you need to give it some more time).