It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asthma Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2008, 02:15 AM   #1
(female)

natasha07 HB User
Unhappy Is it asthma or anxiety?

I would really like to know the answer to this question so if anyone could please help me, that would be fantastic!

I do a lot of sport. I love to run around and do swimming especially play Netball. It is lessened in swimming but when I run for a long amount of time at such a high intensity, my heart pulse beats very fast and strong, my chest hurts and it feels as though i'm out of breath.

When I went to my doctor he said that I had Exercise-Induced asthma and prescribed me a puffer (Asmol). He said to do it immediately when I have an asthma attack and also to prevent it to take it 30 minutes before the game. When I did that, it seemed to get rid of my "asthma" attack in less than 10 seconds. When I calmed myself down, this also worked in the same amount of time.

What should I do and what do you think it is...asthma, anxiety or what?

Please help me!

Old 07-30-2008, 04:16 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Is it asthma or anxiety?

With EIA, you can prevent having it by using the inhaler as directed (I do 2 puffs 20 minutes before cardio) or it will go away once you slow down and stop the activity.
So I don't think the fact that calming or slowing down means it's anxiety. It means since only cardio induces the response, that either method of recovery is OK. Hope that makes sense.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-31-2008, 02:32 PM   #3
(female)

natasha07 HB User

So what you're saying is that you think it's still EIA? Or are you saying that it is just a common thing to be happening to me?

Thanks for your suggestion anyway!

Old 07-31-2008, 05:29 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

I'm saying it sounds like EIA.

Old 08-01-2008, 04:02 AM   #5
(female)

natasha07 HB User

oh, thanks! I'll try out what you said tomorrow at my Netball game. Thanks for your help!

Closed Thread