It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asthma Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2008, 03:44 PM   #1
(female)

devon7 HB User
Exclamation is this asthma symptom?

I get these sensations in my chest like my bronchi tubes are haveing spasms with a slight feeling of shortness of breath. usually when i am doing mowing or lifting. it also does it when i am under alot of stress. which keeping an adult mentally ill son and not having a life generally makes me feel stressed or burnt out anyway. I had EKG and echo in december and they were fine. anxiety was causing palpitaions. I do smoke. right now i have a chest and head cold, took a z pack which helps but its a virus so it'll take time. i had the bronchi spasms before the cold though. and yes i have allergies. thanks for any definition i can get on this spasm feeling i am having. someone said you cant actually feel bronchi spasms or that its painful. this is not painful.

Old 08-23-2008, 04:28 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: is this asthma symptom?

it could be. And since you said it happens when mowing or lifting, it might actually be exercise induced asthma (EIA). That occurs only when doing cardio which these two activities would entail. However, it could very well be the anxiety. i'd get with a pulmonologist and get a breathing test.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread