It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asthma Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2008, 05:45 AM   #1
(male)

ScarfaceXcore HB User
Advair does it work for runners?

Does Advair work for cross country Runners, long distance runners? I have excerciseinduced asthma. and my inhaler is not working. I ran on the track and i run 1 lap 3 times fast. I suffered from shortness of breathe and mucus and poor performance. I need to seek a inhaler that is right for me. I have several colleges wanting to recruit me to run cross country and track. I need a better inhaler i have proventic HFA

Old 10-23-2008, 12:53 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Advair does it work for runners?

How are you using the proventil? 2 puffs 20 minutes before running?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-23-2008, 02:05 PM   #3
(female)

snowdrift HB User

I run. I use Advair. My performance markedly increased when I increased my dosage.

Old 10-24-2008, 05:30 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

They generally don't put folks with EIA on a daily med so am not sure how that would impact him.

Old 10-24-2008, 11:05 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

nscrbug HB User

I run, but stick to mainly shorter distances and triathlons. I've been using Advair since its inception. I haven't needed my rescue inhaler (albuterol) in years...that's how good the Advair has been, at controlling my asthma. Keep in mind, Advair is a PREVENTATIVE medication...it will NOT help you if you are having an attack. It's purpose is to PREVENT an attack from coming on...that's why you need to use it every single day, even if you are having no symptoms. If your current inhaler is not working for you, you need to go back to your doctor and discuss this with him/her ASAP. If you're using your rescue inhaler more than 3-4 times per day, then it's time to have your meds readjusted. Tell your doctor, that you're curious to know if Advair or one of the other preventive meds would be a better option for you. Your doc knows your condition better than any of us do, it couldn't hurt to ask.

Closed Thread