It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asthma Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2008, 06:59 PM   #1
(female)

rkp HB User
Question Inhaled Corticosteroid.....Is it possible to completely wean off of them?

I have been on flovent since almost two years now.I am 33yrs old.I tried to wean off myself from it but haven't been successful.I feel anxious about the fact that I have to take it long-term.....possibly for the rest of my life.Is it ever possible to completely stop taking flovent and be fine ? Just wanted to know how you think and feel.Has anybody ever been able to stop the controller medication and been fine?

Old 11-09-2008, 07:59 PM   #2
(female)

dreamingofasong HB User
Re: Inhaled Corticosteroid.....Is it possible to completely wean off of them?

if you don't feel comfortable taking inhaled steroids long-term, your doctor may have other solutions for you. keep taking the floVent until you talk to your doctor.
don't go off of it by yourself, or as titchou said, you'll end up where you started.

asthma control is important, and we all know you'll feel better if your asthma is under control

best wishes!

you hold your breath to breathe
--eyes to see, flyleaf

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-10-2008, 03:43 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Well, there is no cure for asthma so you will always have it. YOu'll always need a daily preventer. Right now the only alternative to an inhaler is Singulair but it doesn't work for everyone. You can talk with your pulmonologist about it and see if he feels it might work for you. Otherwise, there is nothing else on the market as of today.

Old 11-10-2008, 07:30 AM   #4
(female)

rkp HB User

I have taken singulair along with flovent so I don't know if it works for me on its own or not.Its makes no difference to me if I stop taking singulair and continue only with flovent.It would be great if Singulair alone would help me control asthma.

Old 11-10-2008, 11:07 AM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Talk to your pulmonologist about trying it. That is really your only alternative.

Closed Thread