It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asthma Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2008, 07:52 PM   #1
(female)

Charlie8 HB User
Question Advair 250 Diskus Wasted: Disappointed

My physician took me off Advair two month ago due to medical condition. I am on a oral steriod to increase my blood pressure, therefore no longer require to take Advair.

I was so disappointed to discover that my pharmacy would not take back my Advair. I had changed insurance, so I have a 9 month supply. The pharmacist stated that they could dispose of the medication. This is so sad! The boxes are sealed, unused, and expire in 09-2009. This is frustrating as it is illegal to give them away, so I have no choice but to dispose of the medication.

However, I wonder if the pharmacy would dispose the medication...i'm intrested to hear what other think about this waste of medication many individuals struggle to purchase.

Old 12-07-2008, 05:18 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Advair 250 Diskus Wasted: Disappointed

You might call some non profits that deal with the poor and elderly. They may take them...then again, they may not. When my mother died, she had tons of meds left. Some had never been opened - samples frm the doctor, etc. I called everywhere! The doctor wouldn't take them back to give out again as samples - nursing homes wouldn't take them, the local homeless shelters, etc. It was very frustrating. I did manage to give a few to some friends of hers who were on the same meds. And I did find one agency about 200 miles from me that said to send them and they would see what they could use and dispose of the rest. It really is sad that the laws won't allow these to be routed to people who need them. Anyway, you migh ask around as that Advair is use dby many people. Someone you know with asthma would probably appreciate them.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread