It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asthma Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-25-2008, 09:52 PM   #1
(female)

moosebeast HB User
is anyone having trouble with new inhaler?

Is anyone having trouble with the new HFA inhalers and does anyone know how I can get my hands on the old style HFC kind? The old style works for me and the new type does not. Can anyone help me get the old type of inhalers? It's a matter of life and death.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-26-2008, 06:37 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: is anyone having trouble with new inhaler?

As of January 1, 2009 the CFC ones will be illegal. All in halers will have a different propellant now. There was a great deal of chatter on here earlier this year/end of last year about them when they first came out. Everyone quit making them earlier this year so I doubt you could find one. Everyone gobbled them up because they are cheaper that the HFA ones as ProAir has not declared them "generic". Which one are you having trouble with?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-27-2008, 07:52 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

DrMomMaxine HB User

I hated the new ones at first, but got used to the new inhalers after awhile. How long have you tried the new ones? The old type is no longer available.

Old 12-28-2008, 05:43 PM   #4
(female)

treebee89 HB User

perhaps the dosage of your inhaler is not strong enough, i suggest going to see your doctor as, for me, the CFC ones did not work. i now use a Bricanyl which you twist and breathe in deeply instead of a short, sharp blast. this seems to work much better for longer aswell.

Old 12-28-2008, 09:41 PM   #5
(female)

moosebeast HB User

The dosage and the medicine are the same strength as what I have used for years. The new propellant makes me vomit very hard immediately, This is a very bad thing to do when you are struggling to breathe.

Old 01-01-2009, 07:55 PM   #6
(female)

bluedog139 HB User

Try some of the other versions. I've heard that some people have had problems with the Proair one more than the others. Some of them have different things in the propellant that may cause some people to have problems. Check out the data sheets for each one you consider and see if there is something that could cause problems. I know mine has ethanol in it.

I had switched to ProventilHFA last year and then switched to XopenexHFA (levalbuterol) when my insurance changed. It works great for me and it has fewer side effects that regular albuterol.

~blue

Closed Thread