It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asthma Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2009, 01:47 AM   #1
(male)

soccer4us HB User
advair

Hi new to the board. I have always had sports induced asthma. I do not play sports much anymore but last year I came down with the flu and had a horrible bout with breathing issues. After going on a course of prednisone the pulmonary doc put me on advair, singular and flonase. I had been on Q-var but had bad bouts with thrush.

My condition finally cleared up and all was fine. That was last March. About 2 months ago I thought I better start taking my Advair just in case as it is the season for the flu. I have found that my hair is falling out much faster than normal. Not in clumps but it has really increased. I have been on finasteride for my prostate so this should not be happening. It started about a week after taking my Advair, religiousily. Also I keep having severe cramps in my calves. After I take advair it hurts to take a deep breath and my throat is very raspy. Also if feels like my lungs hurt. I can breath better and use my peak flo meter to check things.

This whole thing is quite frustrating and I will be making an appointment with my pulmonologist. Until getting ill last march I had never had to go on a long term asthma treatment only needed to use my rescue inhaler from time to time.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread