It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asthma Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2009, 10:57 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Katielyn HB User
Symbicort Inhaler...any reactions?

I just wanted to know if anyone who uses Symbicort Inhaler if you have had any reactions? It seems that I get hoarse and get headaches from it, but I threw the box and stuff away and didn't know if those were common side effects or not. I don't know how I can tell if it's allergy or medicine related. Anyone else have feedback on it?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-15-2009, 04:33 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Symbicort Inhaler...any reactions?

Hoarseness is a side effect of all steroid inhalers. Be sure to rinse your mouth after usage. Gargle well too. That can help.
You can look online for the side effects of any drug...or call the pharmacist. You don't need the package.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-15-2009, 10:23 PM   #3
(female)

uksue49 HB User

Stopped taking it gave me a sore throat and headache

Old 08-16-2009, 10:49 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Also, it has a bronchial dialator in addition to the steroid. That's what is giving you a headache. it usually stops when you get accustomed to the drug. I'd ask my doctor if the combination therapy is really needed if it doesn't start to fad soon. There are daily meds which only have the steroid such as Flovent.

Old 08-17-2009, 02:13 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Katielyn HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
Also, it has a bronchial dialator in addition to the steroid. That's what is giving you a headache. it usually stops when you get accustomed to the drug. I'd ask my doctor if the combination therapy is really needed if it doesn't start to fad soon. There are daily meds which only have the steroid such as Flovent.
Is the bronchial dialator the thing that's in Pro Aire Inhaler? Is that what opens up breathing right away? If it is, that shouldn't give me a headache I wouldn't think because I also use my rescue inhaler when I don't use the Symbicort and I don't get headaches with that. I only use the Symbicort if I am taking my rescue inhaler too often through the day or I know I am going somewhere for awhile. Thanks for the reply!

Old 08-17-2009, 07:11 PM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

I'm not sure if it's albuterol (what Pro Air is) but it's at least similar. Some people have problems when it's mixed with the steroid.

Old 09-09-2009, 11:39 PM   #7
(female)

holly clock HB User

I got really bad headaches when I first started taking symbicort, so bad that I think they were like a really bad migraine (i'd never had a migraine before). For about 18 straight days I could not handle light or noise the pain was so bad, but that gradually went away so that now I get about the same amount of headaches I used to get before I started on Symbicort. It's been over 3 years now since i've started taking the Symbicort and for about the last 6 months or so i've been experiencing a lot of issues that part of me wonders if it's connected to the Symbicort (3 supposedly non-cancerous liver tumours and a pancreatic cyst and lots of GI symptoms and pain).

Old 03-01-2010, 03:19 PM   #8
(male)

guy983 HB User

Does Symbicort cause any type of chest pain does anyone know if that is a side effect?

Closed Thread