It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asthma Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2009, 06:13 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
Angry Occupational Asthma-Latex, Dust, Chemicals, Plastics, Odors -Labored Breathing, Sick!

I was always allergic. But..... I had an experimental, live Flu Vaccine Shot back in about 1968. The flu vaccine that I had back in December 1967 was, I think, for H3N2, the "Hong Kong" flu pandemic of 1968. Prior to that flu shot, I had sinus problems but no Asthma. The flu shot put me into the hospital with a severe Asthmatic reaction for ten days. I got out of the hospital, allergic to everything that moved, or didn't move, smelled or didn't smell,

Then about ten years ago, I had a sinus infection that made me hyper-sensitive to my already existing allergy problems.

I now cannot come into contact with numerous allergens, pollutants, pesticides, chemicals, odors, animals, rubbers, latex, pollens, pollutants, irritants, whether I breath them, or smell them, or touch them or consume them.

My Asthma symptoms are minimized by Flovent, a synthetic trifluorinated glucocorticoid, but if I come into contact with any of the many offending irritants, I'll get a tight chest (labored breathing), higher blood pressure, irregular heartbeat, very warm, fatigued, indigestion, extra tired, mentally confused and very sick feeling; symptoms that will get worse at night and last sometimes throughout the next day and night.

What makes my Asthma a very difficult health problem is that I also suffer from Heart Failure and Atrial Fibrillation. Needless to say, I've got my hands full dealing and coping with these nasty health problems!

I've got a very rigid, demanding diet, do a lot of physical exercise, take the most effective medications, and AVOID, AVOID, AVOID!!!

The very first symptoms that I get that warn me that I'm in contact with an irritant is that my breathing will get more noticeable (labored) and I will get indigestion.

Anyone else having to fight the same battle?

⇒ Eliminate household items that are toxic!
⇒ Balanced, healthy, low glycemic diet
⇒ Lots of Exercise
⇒ Avoid night allergens, toxins
⇒ Coreg!

Last edited by Machaon; 11-12-2009 at 06:16 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-12-2009, 07:53 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Occupational Asthma-Latex, Dust, Chemicals, Plastics, Odors -Labored Breathing, S

It would seem then that allergies are a trigger for your asthma attacks. Are you controlling that with a daily antihistamine?

Old 11-12-2009, 10:28 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
Re: Occupational Asthma-Latex, Dust, Chemicals, Plastics, Odors -Labored Breathing, S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
It would seem then that allergies are a trigger for your asthma attacks. Are you controlling that with a daily antihistamine?
Flovent and Flonase keep my sinuses and lungs open. I never have clogged sinuses, or suffer from wheezing.

If I come into contact with any of the many offending irritants, I'll get a tight chest (labored breathing), higher blood pressure, irregular heartbeat, very warm, fatigued, indigestion, extra tired, mentally confused and very sick feeling; symptoms that will get worse at night and last sometimes throughout the next day and night.

These symptoms are mostly caused by the over-production of cytokines and hormones, which cause metabolic dysfunction. If I could only suppress the over-production of these body chemicals, I would basically be "cured", but modern medicine doesn't make any wonder drugs, except for maybe Coreg, which is really effective at partially suppressing the cytokines and hormones in question.

Thanks for your suggestion!

⇒ Lots of Exercise
⇒ Coreg!

Old 11-12-2009, 10:51 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

This week I've been experimenting with the addition of Vitamin D and DHEA (dehydroepiandrosterone-sulfate) to my diet. I am getting some interesting results, but won't know for another few weeks the full impact of DHEA and Vitamin D on my Occupational Asthma. It is encouraging, but could turn out to be just another path down the wrong road!

Make it work!

⇒ Lots of Exercise
⇒ Coreg!

Closed Thread