It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asthma Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2009, 01:02 PM   #1
(female)

Kaugh HB User
Question Are these common side effects?

Hi,

I was diagnosed with asthma a year ago and given astelin and zyrtec for nasil allergies, Qvar for a daily use and pro air as a rescue.

My allergist doesn't seem to listen.. well in more ways than one

When she listened to my chest, she put the stethoscope on TOP of my 2 layers of sweaters. Can you hear through all that clothing?

And I have asked her about leg cramps and weight gain and have not received any answer. Has anyone else experienced leg cramps or weight gain while on these meds?

K

Old 11-15-2009, 02:09 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Are these common side effects?

Yes, I've had them put the stethoscope on top of my clothing at times. I've not taken Qvair but I've had the others and did not experience these things as side effects. The inhaled steroids do not make you gain weight like oral prednisone can.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-30-2009, 08:19 PM   #3
(female)

ahhchoo HB User
Re: Are these common side effects?

I don't know if it's a common side-effect, but I get cramps in my hands and feet if I use ProAir within a few hours of using Symbicort or use it twice during a night. My asthma is not overly controlled because I have allergy issues still...will be starting allergy shots soon. I always thought it was the bronchodilator in Symbicort mixed with the Albuterol.

Closed Thread