It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asthma Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2010, 04:12 AM   #1
(female)

finalfantasia HB User
Asthma getting worse and worried..

Hey guys! well i havn't been on for a while, but it's nice to to talk to you all again

Well I have had asthma since I was about 5? and it used to be real bad up until I was in secondary school, then it just died off, I am now 20 and it has creeped up again for the past 2 years, for the past 6-7 months now my asthma has been alot worse then it usually is, I have had to use my blue inhaler regularly and I havn't been like that since i was very young, last year i had an asthma review and she told me to take my brown inhaler once in the morning and once in the evening. To be honest I havn't really started doing that until a month ago... it hasn't been that bad up until now, so my bad there...

Also last year I had a small bout of hayfever, I did have the icthy throat, runny nose and watery eyes, but nothing really serious, and I am starting to get very slight hayfever now. My question is, if anyone knows, is there a possibility it will get really bad since my asthma has been worse the last few months? and will this increase my chances of having an asthma attack? I havn't had one since I was very young and I do not remember it, and I am absalutley terrified of having one.. sorry for the crappy questions lol I'm just stupidly worried thats all. If anyone could help me it would be appreciated!
Thanks!
Steph

Old 04-20-2010, 05:15 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Asthma getting worse and worried..

Yes, allergies can induce an asthma attack. You need to understand that you have asthma and since you are now an adult, you will have it the rest of your life (unless a cure is found). You must take your daily med. That's what hopefully keeps you from having an attack. IF you should still have an attack, that's what the rescue inhaler is for. So the two meds do different things. You should get with your pulmonologist and get a written action plan in place and follow it....religiously. And then you'll do well.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-21-2010, 08:01 AM   #3
(male)

prabir kumar HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfantasia View Post
Hey guys! well i havn't been on for a while, but it's nice to to talk to you all again

Well I have had asthma since I was about 5? and it used to be real bad up until I was in secondary school, then it just died off, I am now 20 and it has creeped up again for the past 2 years, for the past 6-7 months now my asthma has been alot worse then it usually is, I have had to use my blue inhaler regularly and I havn't been like that since i was very young, last year i had an asthma review and she told me to take my brown inhaler once in the morning and once in the evening. To be honest I havn't really started doing that until a month ago... it hasn't been that bad up until now, so my bad there...

Also last year I had a small bout of hayfever, I did have the icthy throat, runny nose and watery eyes, but nothing really serious, and I am starting to get very slight hayfever now. My question is, if anyone knows, is there a possibility it will get really bad since my asthma has been worse the last few months? and will this increase my chances of having an asthma attack? I havn't had one since I was very young and I do not remember it, and I am absalutley terrified of having one.. sorry for the crappy questions lol I'm just stupidly worried thats all. If anyone could help me it would be appreciated!
Thanks!
Steph

Old 04-21-2010, 08:05 AM   #4
(male)

prabir kumar HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfantasia View Post

Thanks!
Steph
Most of the common asthama patients suffer due to internal growth of ceast.
Please check your uterus

Old 04-21-2010, 11:50 AM   #5
(female)

sunshine angel HB User

Hi I have asthma and was much worse during my early adult years 18+ i now have my asthma under control.It is important to use your brown pump even if its only at night as this is the preventer and prevents the attack,other things i ve really noticed with my asthma is certain foods trigger it off ,eg.i can t eat wheat cereals and limit my dairy products ,stress can worsen it.I've also found that taking Manuka honey daily ginko biloba and vit b6 suppliments have helped and a high dose of vit C during winter months.

Closed Thread