It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asthma Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2010, 08:49 PM   #1
(female)

laceymay HB User
Albuterol makes breathing worse!

Hey guys, I've had asthma ever since I was little. I've been taking albuterol for as long as I can remember! Recently, within the last year or so, I've been having this weird whistling thing in my throat when I breath. My throat will be whistling, but I won't feel like I'm having chest pain or trouble breathing. I let my mom listen to it, and she says I'm wheezing and I need to take my inhaler, because it could possibly get worse. Another time I take my inhaler is actually when I am having trouble breathing, but the thing is, for a while now (maybe a year or less?) I've been noticing that my breathing has been getting worse when I take my albuterol. My mom and I figured that it was just helping my airways open up again and that it was getting worse before it got better, but I had to take my inhaler tonight and it did it again and I'm having even more trouble breathing now than I did before. I also notice that when this happens, I feel crap in my chest sometimes rumbling. Anyway, so I looked it up and saw somewhere that albuterol should NOT cause a worsening in symptoms... So I told that to my dad who was a pharmacists and works for McKesson and he told me to schedule a doctors appointment.

I took my inhaler a little while ago, I've been breathing deep, trying to get some good breaths in, and I'm feeling a little bit better, but that's not supposed to happen, right?

And so you know, I try not to take my albuterol that much. I try to only 2 times a month or less, even though my throat does that whistling thing almost every night. I don't know, it's weird, any thoughts?

Oh by the way, if it helps I'm 17

Last edited by laceymay; 05-27-2010 at 08:50 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-28-2010, 04:15 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Albuterol makes breathing worse!

You need to see your pulmonologist. it may be you need your daily med adjusted or need to switch to a different rescue inhaler.

Closed Thread