It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asthma Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2011, 05:52 PM   #1
(male)

yoshie HB User
Red face Asthma can't breathe...shortness of breath for 2 months

I started having asthma problems in the beginning of august after i cut down a hedge at my grandparents house. before that my asthma hadn't bothered me in a couple years and i was completley off my meds. no advair, singular, or inhaler needed. after i got sick i was in and out the hospital for 2 weeks. recieved 2 steriod shots and started taking symbicort(first time) and back on singular. i dont have a cough but have had shortness of breath since then and get tired easily. does anyone have any suggestions im going back to the dr. next week because i dont thing the medicine is working. plz reply

Old 09-27-2011, 06:26 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Asthma can't breathe...shortness of breath for 2 months

You may need a different daily med. Do you have a rescue inhaler (albuterol)? You didn't mention that.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-27-2011, 07:01 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

It may take a couple weeks for those medications to take full effect, or you may be on too low a dose of the Symbicort. Also, it could just be a nasty fall pollen season. Does it help if you avoid outdoors? Have you tried other antihistamines?

Definitely, let the doctor know how you are feeling!

Old 09-30-2011, 01:02 AM   #4
(male)

yoshie HB User

im not sure if it helps if i avoid outdoors. i really haven't been outside for more than 20 mins tops since august but i do go to school. i just came from the dr. she changed me from symbicort to alvesco n she said maybe flovent next time i go bk n a month. but yes i have a couple rescue inhalers. albuterol in the light blue and dark blue container and albuterol with the red body. "proair". she said i should start taking pepcid or prilosec daily n that might help me breathe. i've also heard sum 1 talk about muscle relaxers but im not sure. i havent took benedryl n a couple of weeks

Closed Thread