It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asthma Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2011, 07:45 AM   #1
(female)

jeffries9 HB User
Now, I'm not sure what I have!!!

Went to ER 11/18 with "can't get any air, nose closed up, throat closed up". Spent 2 days in ICU. Diagnosed with broncial Obstruction, exacerbated and mild COPD. Given Spriva, Advair 50/250 and albuteral negulizer. Also before that had heartburn and loose cough. I thought it was just sinus stuff. Now, throat is dry and scratchy (I think due to inhalers twice a day). Given Prilosec by primary care physician due to heartburn which is working. I'm confused because I have a "lump in my throat feeling, scratchy voice. After reading these posts, I'm wondering if my ER episode was caused by GERD which they say I have since the COPD is suposedly "mild". I don't go to pulmonologist til 1/6. I am losing sleep over all of this. In hospital also was given oral steroid pills and a strong antibiotic and been off those about 4 weeks (cough gone away). My question is: could my "not breathing" episode been caused by GERD or the broncial problem? I will ask on 1/6 but would appreciate any comments. Also, Advair will be over in about 10 days and will switch to QVAR if I can't get the Advair in Mexico and they still want me on it. I used QVAR at first because Advair so expensive and not covered by insurance. Pharmacist said QVAR was very similar. I got a free month of Advair off the Internet.

Old 12-27-2011, 08:30 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Now, I'm not sure what I have!!!

Yes, either one could have caused your issue.....and check Canada for the Advair as well....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-27-2012, 11:54 AM   #3
(female)

kathycaribe HB User

Here in Mexico you can get Seretide Evohaler (which is basically Advair).

Old 01-27-2012, 05:19 PM   #4
(female)

jeffries9 HB User

Thank you for the reply. Yes, I did pay less.

Since I may not get a chance to get back to Mexico for a while, I ordered some from another cource for less money, it comes from India but I thought it's the same thing.

Closed Thread