It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asthma Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2012, 11:00 PM   #1
(male)

chicagochuck HB User
Asthma or allergies?

For whatever reason Many different sprays certain soaps ,air freshener, paint ,cleaners,hand sanitizer etc etc It makes me wheeze, cough and irritates my lungs. Whether its cold warm or hot out so the weather doesn't seem to be the issue.

Iv always had issues with certain irritants because I have asthma and allergies but I never remember being so sensitive to all these different chemicals.

Is their anyone else that has noticed this or is it a name for this particular condition.

Old 01-13-2012, 07:39 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
Re: Asthma or allergies?

There are many different types of allergens that can cause allergic reactions. Allergens cause some allergy sufferers to have breathing problems; some to have sinus problems; some to get headaches; some to feel sick as a dog, etc.; or a combination of health problems.

Many are allergic to weed, grass or tree pollens, or to things like Formaldehyde which is unfortunately in many products, from building materials, to cigarette smoke, to automobile exhaust, to lotions and creams and shampoos, to towels and clothes, etc.

It's really amazing how many seemingly innocuous items around the home cause allergy problems, along with heart palpitations and higher blood pressure.

⇒ I avoid common ordinary but unhealthy household items
⇒ Balanced, healthy diet
⇒ Exercise
⇒ I alter my Circadian Rhythm
⇒ I LOVE COREG!

Last edited by Machaon; 01-14-2012 at 12:42 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-13-2012, 09:15 AM   #3
(male)

chicagochuck HB User

You hit the nail on the head....I wonder if its any specific diagnosis for that or I guess they just call it allergies.

Old 01-13-2012, 10:21 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Chemical allergy. Allergies to plants are considered environmental allergies. And some of the problem you are having could be due to the fragrance in the products so that would be environmental as well.

Old 01-13-2012, 03:23 PM   #5
(male)

chicagochuck HB User

Thanks that is a possibility

Old 01-13-2012, 03:40 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

I would call that chemical or irritant induced asthma. Fragrances also trigger my asthma, but when I am controlled on an inhaled steroid, I tolerate them better.

Old 01-13-2012, 03:49 PM   #7
(male)

chicagochuck HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by janewhite1 View Post
I would call that chemical or irritant induced asthma. Fragrances also trigger my asthma, but when I am controlled on an inhaled steroid, I tolerate them better.

Mines is the same, I rarely have trouble running or physical activity but chemicals and irritants affect me.

Closed Thread