It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asthma Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2012, 01:23 PM   #1
(female)

jerseygirl29 HB User
Recent Asthma attack

Three weeks ago I was diagnosed with a sinus infection, ear infections and tonsillitis and put on amoxicillan and after a week I began to cough and become more hoarse and my sore throat would not go away. I went back to the Dr. who diagnosed me with bronchitis and switched my antibiotic to Augmentin. The cough became worse and I began wheezing and having bronchospasms for the third Dr's visit. I was then switched to Biaxin, put on prednisone, advair and given Cheritussin AC. My cough because so bad that I was coughing til I vomitted due to the bronchospasms and I was now wheezing. On my fourth doctor's appointment I was on the prednisone for 5 days and not getting any better so he put me in the hospital from wed morning til friday afternoon. When I got there my peak flow levels were at 42 percent. I was put on solu-medrol injections, iv azithromyicin (then oral z-pack on friday), abulterol breathing treatments and racemic breathing treatments, mucinex, (then my potassium levels came back at 2.8) so I got to K-rider (straight potassium) iv's and oral potassium. By the thursday my breathing treatments were changed to albuterol as needed and pulmicourt every 12 hrs. My peak flow levels were slowly increasing and friday they were up to 62 percent. I was sent home with advair, singulair, a new nebulizer with albuterol and ipratropram (Atrovent) every 3-4 hours. Back on the oral prednisone, antibiotic, and my regular meds like synthroid.

Oh and not to be gross but I was coughing up dark yellow and brown sputum which was clear yesterday but now back to yellow this morning. ugh

The official diagnosis was bronchitis and asthma attack.
I was on the third antibiotic by the time I had a chest xray so who knows. I am still having the bronchospasms but I can tell that I am breathing so much better. Follow up with reg dr, plumonologist and allergist. Oh I have severe allergies and tried allergy shots about 4 years ago but had to stop after a severe reaction to the indoor allergy shot. (too many allergies to put in one shot so I had one for outdoor and one for indoor allergies).

I have missed two weeks of work and still feel so worn down. I just need to vent to people who understand what I am going through! Thanks!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread