It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asthma Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2012, 08:31 AM   #1
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
No daily med for a week or two

OK, I goofed up. I get my Flovent from Canada (cost reasons) and forgot to order in time to have it when my old inhaler runs out. (I know, I know....I usually write it on my calendar but just failed to do it this time) I only use one puff a day. I haven't had an asthma attack in 3 years so only use my albuterol before cardio.

Do y'all think I'll be OK without it that long? The longest I've gone before is 4 days when my luggage got held up and all my meds were in it. I was fine then - well, except for not having my hormones and being a crazy woman!

Old 02-05-2012, 01:07 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User
Re: No daily med for a week or two

With the low dosage you are on combined with the fact that your asthma has been under control, I would think you should be OK.

When I had my asthma well under control last summer, I actually went off of my daily meds to see how I would do. I had no problems at all for months. lt wasn't until fall that I had any problems.

From what I recall, this isn't your worst time of year.

You still have your albuterol if necessary.

Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-05-2012, 02:40 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Thanks. Am just going to think positive thoughts!

Old 02-21-2012, 06:53 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Well, things are getting a little testy - meds haven't shown up yet though it's been shipped....should be here today or tomorrow....cough is beginning to get to me... a little phlegm coming up...regular appt with doc on Monday so I hope I get it and all gets back in order so I don't have to fess up!

The following user gives a hug of support to Titchou:
MountainReader (02-21-2012)
Old 02-21-2012, 05:12 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

Yikes, that's not good! I hope you get it very soon, and get your lungs back to happy.

Believe it or not, I ALSO mixed up my Flovent this month. I called in the refill, then I was surprised to learn there were no more refills left, then a comedy of errors ensued, then I finally got it like 5 days later. And of course, the day after I have my first significant symptoms in like 2 months is the day that I don't get my refill on time!

I finally figured out that the reason I mix up the inhaler refills is because there's no prescription label ON the inhaler itself, so I forget when I'm out. So, when I finally did get it, I got a Sharpie and wrote on the actual inhaler how many refills I had left! (And the Rx number, though that's not relevant if you are mail-ordering.)

Old 02-21-2012, 06:35 PM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

My Flovent has a counter on it.....at least the last one I got here...it's been a while since I got one from Canada as my insurance changed. Anyway, it cleared customs in NY on the 16th so hopefully it will be here tomorrow. At least I have my albuterol!

Old 02-22-2012, 06:24 AM   #7
(female)

MeezerWheezer HB UserMeezerWheezer HB UserMeezerWheezer HB UserMeezerWheezer HB UserMeezerWheezer HB UserMeezerWheezer HB UserMeezerWheezer HB User

I hope your meds come soon! I would be lost without my Flovent!

The Following User Says Thank You to MeezerWheezer For This Useful Post:
Titchou (02-24-2012)
Old 02-24-2012, 06:00 PM   #8
Facilitator
(female)

Got it today! YEA!!! Two puffs tonight and I already feel better. THink if I do 2 puffs AM and PM for a couple of days I should be back on track. I'm also training for a 5K on March 10 so I really have to get this under control! Thanks for all your support!

Closed Thread