It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asthma Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2012, 07:57 AM   #16
(female)

MeezerWheezer HB UserMeezerWheezer HB UserMeezerWheezer HB UserMeezerWheezer HB UserMeezerWheezer HB UserMeezerWheezer HB UserMeezerWheezer HB User
Re: Dizziness before an attack?

My attacks feel similar to yours. When I first starting having them I didn't realize what they were, since they weren't what I pictured as an asthma attack. But I think it's different for everyone. I don't have wheezing or anything like that. I start with shortness of breath and I also get a weird feeling in my chest. Even after I use my inhaler I still have a cough afterwards, like I have too much muscus in my throat. Then I feel a little off for the rest of the day. I also get really flushed and hot when I have an attack. (probably because I always start to panic!)

I'm glad you were able to get some prednisone. Hope you get your meds adjusted and feel back to normal soon! I feel your pain.

The following user gives a hug of support to MeezerWheezer:
marrrasmom (02-13-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to MeezerWheezer For This Useful Post:
marrrasmom (02-13-2012)
Old 02-13-2012, 10:38 AM   #17
(female)

marrrasmom HB User
Re: Dizziness before an attack?

I too, didn't understand what was going on either. I thought at first that I was going crazy. What I had envisioned in my head as an asthma attack, is never how mine actually are. I consider myself lucky in that they aren't very severe. It is just hard to describe to someone, without them actually seeing or experiencing it for themselves. I just hate how suddenly mine start...almost without any warning sometimes.

I am feeling much better now that I got some prednisone in me. I have my appointment with my doc this afternoon, hoping we can get this figured out. Six days was way too long to go with having these flare ups.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
asthma, cough, dizziness