It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asthma Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2012, 06:58 PM   #1
(female)

Trinity12 HB UserTrinity12 HB User
Chest pain from asthma

I've been having an asthma flare up that started on Saturday. I think it's due to a cold and allergies. I'm around allergens at my apartment and can't move until April. For the past couple of days I've had pain in my breastbone and ribs. Is this part of asthma or just part of the cold? I've had pressure in my chest before from asthma but not pain in this area. I've been taking extra doses of symbicort and albuterol(ventolin). They help with my breathing but not with the pain.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-22-2012, 01:03 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
Re: Chest pain from asthma

How many extra doses have you been taking of the symbicort?

What's your prescription of the symbicort and dosage per spray?

You do need to get to the doctor and have an x-ray to make sure you don't have an infection or inflammation.

Have you been having a lot of coughing with the cold?
If yes, it could be muscular.

The other thing I'm wondering is if it's costochondritis, which is an inflammation of the cartilage connecting the ribs to the breastbone. I don't know if it's visible on a chest x-ray, however.

Are you taking any other over the counter meds?
Supplements?

q

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-22-2012, 01:15 PM   #3
(female)

Trinity12 HB UserTrinity12 HB User

I've been taking two puffs of symbicort three times a day. I usually take two puffs twice a day. I take 200/6 symbicort. I take 10 mg of reactine(citirizine hydrochloride), two sprays of Avamys(nasal steroid) twice a day. Also my ventolin(albuterol) I take vitamin D, tiazac XC 240mg(high blood pressure) and 50 mg of synthroid. I've been taking extra strength tylenol as well.( About 4-6 a day)

Not much coughing. Could it be pleurisy? I'm wondering if this is part of my asthma since I don't have any nasal congestion nor sneezing. I only sneeze when my allergies act up. I do have a lot of perennial as well as seasonal allergies. I will definitely go to a doctor if it doesn't get any better.

Old 11-26-2012, 12:24 PM   #4
(male)

Capttom48 HB UserCapttom48 HB User

I agree with Quincy that a trip to the doctor is in order. It could be nothing but it's best to be checked out.

Closed Thread