It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asthma Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2012, 09:03 AM   #1
(male)

MitchG HB User
Question Bronchospasm

I'm a 56 year old men and an ex-smoker for just over 3 years. Smoked 20-30 a day for about 35 years. After stopping smoking my general health improved and I even got back into sporting ending up running about 10KM almost every day. Due to a foot injury I had to stop sporting and have not been able to take it up again for almost a year. Due to this I gained more weight then I lost. I'm, 1.74 metre and 96 kilo's now.
About 2.5 weeks ago I took a few beer nuts whilst having a drink and I suspect that either a beer nut or the brown bit around the beer nut got up my air pipe. I had to cough uncontrollable for about a few hours with luckily some pauses in between. Since then I'm short of breath and are wheezing at times. Wheezing happens especially when in bed. I have now been diagnosed by an MD with Bronchospasm. This was determined by only listening to my airways, making an ECG from my hearth (I have a healthy hearth it appeared) and smoking history. No other test was performed. The MD put me on
Budesonide (2 x 2 pufs a day, 100ug),
Berodual (4 pufs a day),
Puroxan Tab 400mg (2 a day),
Avelox (1 a day, total 3 tablets) and
Fluimucil ( 1 a day)
I'm curious about the diagnosis as I have not improved at all and one of the symptoms of Bronchospasm is coughing. After my initial coughing spat I have not coughed abnormally. I do not have any more mucus then I normally have.
Does anyone has any ideas, comments, etc. as it seems rather strange to me to come so quickly to a diagnosis and I have no improvement after using the medication now for 5 days.
I don't know if this add anything to it but I live currently in Thailand and I have high blood pressure. My normal medication I use for this is COVERSYL PLUS 5MG/1.25MG. Unfortunately this is not available in Thailand so my GP put me about a week before I had my beer nut episode on Enalapril for my high blood pressure. Strangely a side effect of the Enalapril is difficult breathing!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread