It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asthma Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2012, 01:46 PM   #1
(female)

ProbCVA HB UserProbCVA HB User
Just wish these symptoms would go away.

Despite starting singulair in October and continuing symbicort 200/6, 2 puffs twice daily, I am having increased symptoms in the last few weeks. Nothing severe, just nuisance symptoms. I now have to use ventolin before exercise (wasn't needing it before) and yesterday, even with taking my symbicort an hour earlier and taking ventolin before doing cardio, I had to stop to take a second dose of ventolin. I've woken a couple of times in the last week with cough or shortness of breath. In the morning my chest feels a bit congested (it's hard to describe, but my chest just feels wrong when the asthma is acting up, even if I'm not having any cough). I'm coughing more, but not having severe episodes of cough, more of a mild hack. I've started taking symbicort three times a day (as per doctors advice about what to do if I'm having symptoms). My ribs are sore, even though I'm not coughing much and sometimes I feel like I'm breathing faster than normal. Although I could be much worse and know others are really incapacitated by their asthma, I'm finding this fall frustrating. I haven't felt normal since the end of summer and wish this would just settle down. Sorry for the rant, just need to vent. It's looking like it's time to go back to the doctor, although things aren't completely out of control.
Question: I missed one dose of symbicort a few weeks ago. This wouldn't be enough for things to flare up, would it? It seems unlikely, but I feel it wearing off before I'm due for my next dose, so know that it wasn't good to miss that dose.

Last edited by ProbCVA; 12-09-2012 at 08:25 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-09-2012, 08:52 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User
Re: Just wish these nuisance symptoms would go away.

I totally understand your frustrations. It sounds like your asthma isn't fully under control, but that you already know that.

I had a major flare start at the beginning of September and I'm just now getting a reduction of my symptoms. It is even more frustrating because I know that the cold weather setting in is a major trigger for me so the control I'm getting over my asthma may be tenuous. I too have had issues with my ribs and stomach muscles with all the coughing. I end up on meds just for that in addition to the asthma meds. They don't fully address the issue though.

One dose of missed Symbicort shouldn't have caused you to flare so much. Especially since you are on other treatments as well. It sounds like you are doing a lot of things right. Sometimes it just takes a long time for the lungs to settle and inflammation to go down

I hope you feel better soon.

Closed Thread