It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asthma Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2012, 02:06 PM   #1
(female)

klynn1960 HB Userklynn1960 HB User
Colds and Asthma

I have had a cold off and on for 2 months. I find it's been more there than not.
I know the cold weather does not help and the weather changing alot does not help either.
I find I am so tired.
My breathing is not too bad right now just so congested and coughing alot.
I am hoping for it to go away completely.

Can anyone relate.

Old 12-29-2012, 07:05 AM   #2
(female)

iCadance HB UseriCadance HB UseriCadance HB User
Re: Colds and Asthma

I have had a cold for about 4 weeks! I hope you are feeling better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klynn1960 View Post
I have had a cold off and on for 2 months. I find it's been more there than not.
I know the cold weather does not help and the weather changing alot does not help either.
I find I am so tired.
My breathing is not too bad right now just so congested and coughing alot.
I am hoping for it to go away completely.

Can anyone relate.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-30-2012, 07:08 AM   #3
(female)

vissidarte HB User

If you have a long term "cold" that isn't going away, it would be a good idea to see a doctor, especially if you also have asthma.

If it is just a cold, there isn't much a doctor can do - viruses take their own good time to go away, but if it is actually an asthma flare-up or allergies you might need to be doing something different with your medication and should consult a doctor.

Old 12-30-2012, 07:55 AM   #4
(female)

iCadance HB UseriCadance HB UseriCadance HB User

I have seen a dr and the pa that works for my asthma dr he is out of the office tell next week. I got my dulera upped and singular added I haven't started that yet. Will be starting it tonight though. I have been thinking of going to be seen again because the cough is coming back and my right lung hurts bad when I cough.

I agree though klynn1960 if you still have a cough and haven't seen a dr yet you might want to to make sure it is a cold and not your asthma flaring up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vissidarte View Post
If you have a long term "cold" that isn't going away, it would be a good idea to see a doctor, especially if you also have asthma.

If it is just a cold, there isn't much a doctor can do - viruses take their own good time to go away, but if it is actually an asthma flare-up or allergies you might need to be doing something different with your medication and should consult a doctor.

Old 01-15-2013, 02:19 PM   #5
(female)

Thanks, for the comments.
I have been to the doctor afew times and I am sure the colds are flaring my asthma.
I have had 2 xrays done that are ok.
I find this time of year bad with all the germs.
I am feeling better but keeping my fingers crossed.

Old 01-15-2013, 10:52 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

Hi..what medications are you taking at this time?

q

Old 01-16-2013, 02:43 PM   #7
(female)

Hi
I am taking advair, alvesco, spriva, ventalon when needed, atrovent when asthma flares and xolair injections 3 shots every 2 weeks.
I also take reactine when needed, flonase, tecta, domperidone and diltazem.

Old 01-16-2013, 09:59 PM   #8
Facilitator
(female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User

Hi klynn,

You really are on a pretty heavy duty regimine. I can relate with you. I've had a chronic cough that started last September when we had an inversion and the smoky pollution was really bad. I was gradually getting better (so slowly), then over New Years I got the flu. (Yes I had my flu shot last September.) I've been having more issues since then.

I'm currently on Dulera 200, Pulmicort, Singulair, and albuterol. I've been using my nebulizer a lot lately. I'm also on the Xolair shots monthly.

I didn't realize you were on such high dosages of your Xolair treatment. I only get one shot once a month. Those shots really aren't fun.

I'm about 5 1/2 years into my immunotherapy. I've gone from taking 4 allergy meds daily to being off of them completely. There is hope there.

I don't have much to offer in the way of advice. I can empathize with you though. Hopefully we will both have some improvement in the near future.

I'm struggling now though because we have been extremely cold for a while and have spent a lot of time with red air quality. This entire week, we are in red air quality which is "unhealthy" for sensitive people. It is pretty much impossible to keep from having it trigger when it settles in. A person has to breathe. I do wear a mask outside though.

Old 01-17-2013, 03:45 AM   #9
(female)

Yes, I find winter the hardest because of the cold air. Today is cold and then we get alitter milder and then very cold for afew days if the forecast is right. The up and down temperatures are hard on my lungs too.

I find the xolair shots alot to deal with but they are helping.

I woke up today with a sore throat so I am hoping for the best.
I find I catch colds very easily especailly in the fall and winter so I cannot
wait for spring.
Mountainreader, I can understand how hard it is with your chronic cough. I cough mostly everyday some days more than others.

Closed Thread