It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asthma Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2013, 04:11 PM   #1
(female)

Trinity12 HB UserTrinity12 HB User
Can singulair or symbicort cause blood blisters inside the mouth?

I've been on maximum dosage of symbicort for a while and have been taking singulair for a couple of weeks. I suddenly noticed a blood blister on the inside of my cheek. I haven't bitten the inside of my cheek. Could the singulair or the symbicort have caused this? It is a little sore.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-02-2013, 10:48 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
Re: Can singulair or symbicort cause blood blisters inside the mouth?

Where is it on your cheek...along the line of where your teeth would normally rest? or more above where your teeth are along the gums?

It doesn't take much to cause a blood blister, could be from eating and just grazing the cheek, or sleeping on that side of your face.

I get them sometimes and am surprised most times because I tend to not remember. But..the inside of my cheeks are always in some form of "injury". I do tend to be somewhat chewing the inside of my lips, and it's definitely worse when there's something there to focus on. Some of it has to do with what I've eaten or how much stress I've been feeling.

If it continues in other areas of your mouth, then you should get it checked out.

q

The Following User Says Thank You to quincy For This Useful Post:
Trinity12 (01-02-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-02-2013, 11:25 AM   #3
(female)

Quincy: It's on the inside of my cheek resting where my upper and lower teeth come together. The first blister burst. The smaller one is starting to grow. The smaller one was underneath the first one. You're right it doesn't take much to hurt the inside of the cheek. My teeth have never been the same since I had all four wisdom teeth taken out when I was 17.

Old 01-02-2013, 09:55 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

Maybe if you talk with your dentist, you might qualify for some alignment of your teeth if it persists...or maybe for a mouth guard for sleeping?

I ate a "lot" of the Chicago Mix popcorn from Costco on New Year's eve...the inside of my mouth has lots of bite marks on my cheeks and a slight bruise on the top of the hard palate.
Corn chips and salsa are worse, however...

Definitely talk about it with your dentist at your next visit.

q

The Following User Says Thank You to quincy For This Useful Post:
Trinity12 (01-03-2013)
Old 01-03-2013, 02:57 PM   #5
(female)

I will definitely be careful and will mention it when I see a dentist. Gum is bad too with accidentally biting the inside of the cheek.

Closed Thread