It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asthma Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2013, 09:03 AM   #1
(female)

FanofSimonCowe HB User
Asthma and no relief

I got sick a few weeks ago after attending a Christmas party and someone was sick with an infection. I had to go to the UTC and that cost $150.00 and $39.00 for a five day antibiotic. I explained to the doctor that I have never gotten well on an antibiotic taking it for one week. He told me that the Zpack stays in your body for 10 days. Well, it took me a week later to get the money for the prednisone and I took all of it. Now that I have no health insurance doctors don't care if you die because you can't breathe. The doctor's office called me to ask how I was doing, and I told them that I wasn't better and they wanted more money to take an xray before he would call me in a free antibiotic.
I said no, I don't need an xray and it costs money. Now my symptoms are, as soon as my feet hit the floor. my nose drips and my chest is uncomfortable and I am short of breath. I take a breathing treatment and it helps. When I run out of medicine for the breathing machine, I guess I am done. There is no help for me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-07-2013, 09:43 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Asthma and no relief

Any time an asthmatic has an attack or flare due to illness, it will take much longer for the effects to subside. If you have a prescription for a daily med, you really need to get on it. If it is too expensive locally, check for prices at Canadian Pharmacies. I have found them to be much cheaper. And the rescue inhalers are generally around $36 without insurance at most pharmacies (for ventolin or Pro-Air).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-19-2013, 07:17 PM   #3
(female)

bottompage HB User
Re: Asthma and no relief

A lot of the drug manufacturers have patient assistance programs for patients who don't have medical insurance. Google your medication and you can find out who makes it. Generally they're income levels are pretty generous as well, so you don't have to be absolutely dirt poor to qualify!

Reply Reply