HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Asthma (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/asthma/)
-   -   UPDATE: How I'm doing a week later (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/asthma/935356-update-how-im-doing-week-later.html)

missyou009 01-14-2013 07:14 PM

UPDATE: How I'm doing a week later

Hey guys, I thought I'd give you an update on how I'm doing.

I've been using my Xopenex (rescue inhaler) [B]a lot[/B] less (probably once every other day rather than 2-3 times [I]every day[/I]), and it is steadily decreasing. I'm assuming this is because the Flovent has been doing its job. I'm also coughing [B]a lot[/B] less. Even my sister (who I share a room with) has noticed!

I'm so glad to finally have an answer and treatment! I can now breathe easy! [U]Pun intended[/U].

quincy 01-15-2013 11:28 AM

Re: UPDATE: How I'm doing a week later

Awesome to hear the meds are doing their thing and that you're feeling much better!!!

q

Titchou 01-16-2013 04:17 AM

Great! Glad it worked out for you. Stick to the regimen and you should be fine.

solofelix 01-16-2013 07:43 AM

Hi,
Continue with the medication even if you are feeling better, (which is good news).
As an Asthmatic of over forty years, I have used my medication daily and have No trouble with my breathing,
I wish you well,

Solofelix.

missyou009 01-16-2013 09:45 AM

Thanks guys!

We'll see how I'm doing in a week or two though since I'm going back to school which means doing a lot more walking out in the cold...and cold air is a major trigger for me!

Fortunately, the practice that I have at home has multiple branches, and one is in the same city I go to school in, only about 10-15 minutes away, so if I have any problems, I can always get an appointment and go easily.

missyou009 01-19-2013 02:25 PM

Ugh...with the weather changing constantly, I've been having more trouble breathing and my cough is returning :( Maybe I need to up my dose of the Flovent?

solofelix 01-20-2013 03:31 AM

[QUOTE=missyou009;5119747]Ugh...with the weather changing constantly, I've been having more trouble breathing and my cough is returning :( Maybe I need to up my dose of the Flovent?[/QUOTE]

How many puffs and how many times per day do you use your "Flovent" Inhaler.
I am on Ventolin and Seretide and today I have woke up with a nasty cold which affects my breathing.
I use one puff twice per day of my Seretide (Preventative) Inhaler but while I have this cold I will up my dose to 2puffs x 2 per day.
Cold weather and Resperatory conditions will have an affect on your breathing.
I wish you well,

Solofelix.

Titchou 01-20-2013 05:46 AM

You should have an asthma action plan that tells you what to do in these cases. There is a general one in the stickies at the top of the this asthma section. I'm only on one puff a Flovent a day so I am instructed to add up to 3 more (total of 4 per day, 2 am and 2 pm) if this should happen. I start out with just one and if that takes care of the issue, that's fine. If you don't have a plan, talk with your doctor.

tmwccs 01-20-2013 05:58 AM

I take Symbicort 4 puffs daily and will sometimes move up to 5 or 6.

It really does help!

missyou009 01-20-2013 06:40 AM

I'm on 4 puffs a day (2 in the am and 2 in the pm). I don't have an action plan, but I am scheduled to see my doctor in just over a week to check in on how things are going.