It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asthma Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2013, 11:01 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Kaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB User
Asthma flaring again

Looks like I'm having another asthma flare. I guess that makes three - May, November, and now late January. I haven't had to go to the ER but I've used ventolin at 11.30, 5, and 1am, and my regular advair/singulair at 8. Felt like crud this afternoon. Anybody else find that they lose their appetite in a flare? I only got hungry after I had my advair tonight and I was feeling better for a few hours. I don't need to go to the ER because the ventolin is working for more than four hours a dose, but I guess I should try to see my pulmonologist? I'm not used to this yet... I'm due for a visit and prescription renewals in February and I was about to make that appointment.

The following user gives a hug of support to Kaji:
Trinity12 (02-02-2013)
Old 01-28-2013, 04:16 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Asthma flaring again

Do you use the advair only once per day? If so, you may need to add a puff in the AM. THat's what my asthma action plan says. Do you have one?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-28-2013, 07:06 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Kaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB User

I take advair morning and night, and singulair at night. I'm not really wheezy today, but rather short of breath, so I used the inhaler anyway and felt better.

Old 01-28-2013, 08:36 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

I've had some rotten crud that's going around and have found myself using my ventolin just because all the coughing is making my lungs hurt. It seems to help. And I've added a puff of Flovent in the AM since I am only on one puff in the PM.

Old 01-28-2013, 02:30 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Still waiting to get sick, but I don't think it's going to happen... and it's not cold weather so I can't blame that. This is another 'no clue what triggered it' episode. I was okay just lying around resting, so I tried to go for a walk this afternoon and I was VERY short of breath. It took 30 minutes to walk 3/4 mile. I walk very slowly with a cane because of back issues, but this was a new low. AND I was out of breath the whole time. Ugh. Just cancelled tomorrow's physical therapy session and I'll call the pulmonologist in the morning.

Old 01-28-2013, 05:10 PM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

You don't premedicate before walking? If not, it might help.

Old 02-01-2013, 06:05 PM   #7
(female)

Yue HB User

I definitely relate to being not hungry during a flare- I usually use a few kilos. And although I'm really sorry for you having a bad time, I'm kinda relieved that other people also get flares without being able to pin down the trigger. Hope your pulmonologist got some ideas!

Closed Thread