It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asthma Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2013, 02:33 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Kaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB User
Do you keep a log of when you use your medications?

I started to after I was in the hospital, but I don't need my asthma meds very often and I pretty quickly got out of the habit. I've used my ventolin three or four times in the last month (not counting this current flare) and I never wrote anything down.

Old 01-28-2013, 03:32 PM   #2
(female)

MeezerWheezer HB UserMeezerWheezer HB UserMeezerWheezer HB UserMeezerWheezer HB UserMeezerWheezer HB UserMeezerWheezer HB UserMeezerWheezer HB User
Re: Do you keep a log of when you use your medications?

I used to keep a log of my symptoms and when I used my rescue medication when I was newly diagnosed and my asthma wasn't under control. I don't bother now because I don't use my Ventolin that often.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-28-2013, 05:08 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

No, I never track it. I rarely use my rescue inhaler other than to premedicate so I really don't need to track it. Same for my Flovent. I rarely do more than 1 puff a day.

Old 01-28-2013, 09:11 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User

I did in the beginning. I really don't anymore.

My Pulmonologist does a THOROUGH health history every visit. Because of that, I do note when I increase dosages (when I was on Advair), add meds, or make any other changes. I also note if/when I took steroids and he wants to know my peak flow when I do start on the steroids. He also wants to know when I was on antibiotics and what my symptoms were at that time. I'm keeping some notes, but not a full log. I really couldn't remember all of that over the course of a year.

I will say that if I hadn't been going through this for so long and learned my own body, that the log would be a really good idea. It is a useful tool to help you learn about yourself.

Old 05-02-2013, 10:12 AM   #5
(female)

katmen HB User

i track every rescue meds used, I am tracking my blood pressures and pefs readings twice a day when i take my prescriptions
i have negative family history regarding asthma and cardiovascular system illnesses, negative means deaths
so tracking is for me a psychological aid in coping with this situation

Old 05-12-2013, 05:51 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Kaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB User

I have to track my blood pressure, and I make a note of med changes (including extra inhaler use) that might affect my readings (the more asthma meds I need, the higher my blood pressure)... but I'm not keeping a seperate log any more. It was too much hassle to remember to write things down!

Reply Reply