It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asthma Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2013, 10:23 PM   #1
Facilitator
(female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User
Anti-inflammatory diet anyone?

As many of you know, I have had a really rough fall and winter this year. My asthma was flared from September through February. I have good medical support and follow an asthma action plan, but flares like that really take a toll on me. I'm doing well now, but trying to find other ways strategies to prevent future flares that are this bad.

I know that asthma is caused by inflammation. I've been reading up on anti-inflammatory diets and wondering how effective it may be in helping me with my asthma issues. I'm debating about whether or not I want to make such a significant change in my diet. I want to balance my body, not make a change that throws the balance off.

I've also been reading up on food intolerances as they relate to inflammation. I've been tested and don't have any full blown food allergies showing up. I know that I could still have some underlying foods that could be triggering inflammation that I'm unaware of though. One of the diets I've been reading about is basically a version of a food elimination diet because it eliminates the 7 foods which cause the most allergy problems in this country and re-introduces them one at a time. The foods avoided are many of the same ones you don't eat in the anti-inflammatory diets. It would be a serious committment on my part for many months if I try this one.

Have any of you out there tried eating an anti-inflammatory diet? If so, have you seen any improvement in your asthma or other inflammatory conditions?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-25-2013, 03:54 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Anti-inflammatory diet anyone?

A friend of mine is in the midst of one and seems to be doing well. She says she feels much better already and has learned a lot about how different foods impact her. And she's lost some weight also.

Closed Thread