It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asthma Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2013, 07:52 AM   #1
(female)

Trinity12 HB UserTrinity12 HB User
Other drugs like Singulair?

I've been taking singulair for a while now and it works really well. The problem is that my drug plan doesn't cover it so I have to get my family doctor to order samples. When she tried to order more samples they told her that they have given her the maximum amount so she couldn't order more until July! I run out in a couple of weeks! I've heard that there was a generic but that it's not available for everyone! Are there any other drugs like Singulair that are covered by drug plans?

The Following User Says Thank You to Trinity12 For This Useful Post:
sib1958 (04-04-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-02-2013, 08:00 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Other drugs like Singulair?

There is no other comparable drug. It is available in Canada as a generic. I did a search and found several online pharmacies there selling it for around $88 for 100 tablets. Ask your doctor for a prescription.

The Following User Says Thank You to Titchou For This Useful Post:
sib1958 (04-04-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-02-2013, 12:04 PM   #3
(female)

I wish I could get the generic but it's not covered either. Unless it's much cheaper I can't get it. I checked my drug plan and montelukast isn't covered either.

Old 04-02-2013, 03:36 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

The price I gave you is without insurance. You don't have to have insurance to get it if you can afford to pay it. And while $88 is a lot, it's 100 days worth. Look at it that way.

Old 04-02-2013, 07:01 PM   #5
(female)

You have a point. I will look into it further.

Old 04-04-2013, 06:51 PM   #6
(female)

sib1958 HB User

My doctor told me that an american doctor cannot write a prescription for canadian drugs...is that true?
Sib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
There is no other comparable drug. It is available in Canada as a generic. I did a search and found several online pharmacies there selling it for around $88 for 100 tablets. Ask your doctor for a prescription.

Old 04-05-2013, 04:49 AM   #7
Facilitator
(female)

Three of mine have had no problem doing it. One, my allergist, actually goes to Canada periodically to lecture. He speaks lovely French and I love hearing pronounce my name (which is Cajun French) correctly! I've gotten Flovent, zyrtec (before it was OTC), meloxicam (before it was $4 at Walmart), Albuterol from Canada over the last 10 years or so. I never have a problem with it.

To add: I also got 2 different HRTs from there as well. So I've shopped around there for the best deals and still order my Flovent from there.

And also to add: I know some people are hesitant to order from other countries, even Canada. But check your meds that you are currently taking and I bet some are made elsewhere. My Original HRT, FemHRT, is made in England. So it didn't matter where I ordered it from, the only people that made it was that company. I also have a couple of friends who live in Canada and a close one who lives in Louisiana who has master's in nursing. Seriously, it's Ok to order from there.

Last edited by Titchou; 04-05-2013 at 04:53 AM.

Reply Reply