It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asthma Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2013, 04:53 PM   #1
(female)

Opnhrtscrub516 HB User
Month Four of Cough and sinusitis every two weeks.

I have dealt with sinusitis and asthma since I was 13. It took a while to get my asthma under control and to find a nose spray that helped my sinuses but for the most part it was under control and i rarely had to use my rescue inhaler. Recently (in the past 8 months) my sinuses have been giving me terrible trouble with constant post nasal drip and sinus headaches, and fatigue. My asthma has been progressively worse since winter and I can no longer run and do strenuous activities without getting short of breath. The main symptom that is most frustrating is the cough. The cough was a barking type and as it got worse more mucus has been coming up. I have these coughing fits that I get into and when I finally cough something up ( almost like a mucus plug ) I'm better for a while.
I've been to my primary physician he put me on antibiotics which didn't help and through this I found out I'm allergic to 7 different antibiotics. I am now going to an allergist. He put me on advair which didn't help then he called me in symbicort that seems to be helping minimally but there hasn't been a significant change. I have a chest Xray scheduled for tomorrow I'm hoping they find something so i can get this treated ( if there is a treatment)I'm starting to wonder if there is a type of infection in my lungs/ sinuses such as a fungi. I have been researching it and came up with asperillosis allergy/ sensitivity. It seems like a good fit but the symptoms I have can describe a lot of other diagnoses as well. Any suggestions would be helpful!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-20-2013, 04:49 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Month Four of Cough and sinusitis every two weeks.

Did you have allergy testing? on an antihistamine? Are you going to do injections? Are you on an ace inhibitor? If so, they have found that after repsiratory infections, some people on ace inhibitors have a cough that won't go away.

Old 05-20-2013, 08:38 AM   #3
(female)

Opnhrtscrub516 HB User

I am on zyrtec and I've had allergy testing done but only to a few things. I am going to have more in June. I am not on an ace inhibitors.

Old 05-20-2013, 08:57 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

They didn't do the whole panel of allergens? That's odd.

Do you use a saline rinse daily?

Last edited by Titchou; 05-20-2013 at 08:58 AM.

Old 05-20-2013, 10:38 AM   #5
(female)

Opnhrtscrub516 HB User

I have tried it in the past but I haven't done it regularly in a while. It didnt seem to help much felt like I was drowning myself :/ I'm thinking sinobrachial syndrome sounds like a dx as well.

Last edited by Opnhrtscrub516; 05-20-2013 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Forgot something

Reply Reply