Help me help my husband....
My husband (age 38) has been struggling with his allergic asthma ever since we moved to our new place 7 years ago. Most of the time he is fine, but if he gets sick or triggered by an allergy (the worst is mice, especially their droppings, which gets stirred up inn the basement or when doing renovations. He also reacted to trees, cockroaches (we don't have here but apparently people react to a pine beetle that has killed the pine trees around here) and dust when the allergist skin tested him.
He takes a combination inhaler morning and night, as well as a nasal spray, when he is sick or having increased asthma symptoms.
What concerns me is situations like right now. He reacted badly this AM when trying to renovate something - broke out in hives and then needed his rescue inhaler 6 times. I know he shouldn't use it that much, but we just don't know what to do?