It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asthma Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2013, 11:49 AM   #1
(female)

Lannyy HB User
Asthma problems. I'm really scared! :(

I have asthma and have had inhalers for as long as I can remember. 4 days ago now, I was having a smoke and started coughing uncontrollably and couldn't breathe. I ended up going to the hospital but nothing was done. My breathing feels extremely heavy and is really Frusterating me, I can't sleep or even walk around. I keep feeling dizzy too, if this is related? What can I do to make my breathing not so heavy? . It's making me panic and i keep getting all light headed. Is there anything I can drink, eat, a certain way to sit?? Anything!!

* I have been smoking for a couple years now

Last edited by Lannyy; 06-23-2013 at 11:51 AM.

Old 06-23-2013, 07:03 PM   #2
(female)

sue430 HB Usersue430 HB Usersue430 HB Usersue430 HB User
Re: Asthma problems. I'm really scared! :(

You know that probably the worst thing that you could have done for your asthma is start smoking, right? It is incredibly irritating to the lungs. What do you mean that nothing was done when you went to the ER? They didn't suggest anything, or tell you what was going on? Please don't smoke while you are having trouble breathing, and I would call your dr right away and let him/her know what is going on. If it is really bad, you need to go back to the ER

The Following User Says Thank You to sue430 For This Useful Post:
Lannyy (06-24-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-23-2013, 07:26 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

OMG! SMoking and asthma? you are setting yourself up for problems. I'm ssurprised it's taken this long. First of all, stop smoking. Second, go see your pulmonologist and get a written asthma action plan so that you know what to do in the event of an attack.

The Following User Says Thank You to Titchou For This Useful Post:
Lannyy (06-24-2013)
Old 06-24-2013, 07:37 AM   #4
(female)

Lannyy HB User

When I went to the hospital they took xrays of my chest but said it looked normal so I was given 5 days of antibiotics. I still dont feel any better my lungs are very heavy. I havent been able to sleep the past 2 nights and I can't eat, when I try I feel like im going to be sick

Old 06-24-2013, 09:06 AM   #5
(male)

Aesculapius HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannyy View Post
I have asthma and have had inhalers for as long as I can remember. 4 days ago now, I was having a smoke and started coughing uncontrollably and couldn't breathe.
* I have been smoking for a couple years now
Please do yourself one huge favour this year. STOP SMOKING!!!!!!!

What are you thinking Ma'am?

If you have been prescribed antibiotics, it could be the infection that is making you dizzy.

If your breathing is that bad, go to another hospital and get them to see you. Pester them until they do.

I know smokers tend to get annoyed when someone suggests they stop, but in your case, you must. Right now.

Your oxygen levels are already low and your making it worse as the cigarette is burning up the precious oxygen you require.

Were you asthmatic before you started smoking?

I ended up in hospital for 5 days because I inhaled smoke that resulted in a violent asthma attack. I nearly didn't make it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannyy View Post
When I went to the hospital they took xrays of my chest but said it looked normal so I was given 5 days of antibiotics. I still dont feel any better my lungs are very heavy. I havent been able to sleep the past 2 nights and I can't eat, when I try I feel like im going to be sick
Go back to the hospital if your breathing is bad. The other symptoms are to do with your infection.

NO MORE CIGARETTES!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Aesculapius; 06-24-2013 at 09:14 AM. Reason: xx

Old 06-24-2013, 09:21 AM   #6
(female)

sue430 HB Usersue430 HB Usersue430 HB Usersue430 HB User

What did they say about your asthma? Did they give you a plan to control it? You aren't smoking now are you?

Reply Reply

Tags
asthma, dizzy, inhaler, panic attack, scared