It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asthma Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2013, 07:17 PM   #1
(female)

Bungee3006 HB User
Lung Inflammation? Causes? Environmental?

My doctor recently diagnosed me with adult onset asthma, although my spirometry was fine (better than the average for my age) and a clear lung x-ray. I am now taking 2 puffs of Flovent morning and night. My symptoms are not usual Asthma symptoms. I have what feels like inflammation in my airways, not much mucus, slight irritating cough and some wheeziness but nothing that usually requires me to use the ventolin he has given me. He thinks it is possibly allergy related and some I am now taking large doses of antihistamines also. The Flovent and antihistamine do help somewhat, but it just gets worse as the day goes on and then is a lot better in the morning.

My question is this: I do not believe this is asthma, and if it is not, what is it? Has anyone had any symptoms like this where it just feels like your lungs are raw and inflamed the whole time? It has been going on since January. I'm wondering if this could be some kind of pollution, we live near to an industrial park they are monitoring for dust pollution.

Old 07-04-2013, 05:42 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Lung Inflammation? Causes? Environmental?

Because of the ads on TV for various asthma meds, most people don't have a clear view of wht asthma is or what all the symptoms are. From your description, you have asthma symptoms. you do not have to have mucus to have asthma. I rarely ever have it. it may be that you need a short course of steroids to calm the inflammation. And it sounds like allergy testing is in order as well as you may need to go on injections.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply