It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autism Spectrum Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2005, 06:48 AM   #1

Blue102 HB User
Does everyone have autistic traits?

Ok, I've obsessed over this for a while and I've read quite a bit on the subject--and I've decided that I may not have an autistic DISORDER (at this point in my life), but I have a whole bunch of autistic traits, without a doubt. I've covered my story at length on various boards so I won't go into detail again.

My question is, does everyone have autistic TRAITS? When you think about it, it seems like you can pick out autistic traits in just about everybody, just to different degrees. Example: this person has issues looking someone in the eye, that person rocks back and forth when he's bored, etc. Looking at the sites that list all the famous people with autistic traits, it seems to pretty much cover everybody.

I want to know others' opinions on this. I welcome any kind of feedback.

(Blue has way too much time on her hands. Curse the internet. )

Last edited by Blue102; 03-31-2005 at 08:04 AM.

Old 03-31-2005, 09:38 AM   #2
(female)

grace19 HB User
Re: Does everyone have autistic traits?

Yeah I think so. I mean if you look hard enough you can find something in everyone just because you are looking for it. You know what I mean? My problem is that I over analyze myself sometimes. Next week I'm going in for a evaluation so a Dr can tell me if I'm autistic or not. I just reached the point where I was tired of wondering about it and need a professional opinion. Let's hope I get one.

Anyway I think there is autistic traits in all of us if we want to admit it or not.
Just my opinion.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-31-2005, 09:43 AM   #3

Blue102 HB User

I overanalyze way too much. It's driving me nuts (literally!!!) I have an appt. with the psych, but they are so overbooked that they couldn't get me in until the second week of April. Till then I will just annoy everybody on Healthboards.

Old 03-31-2005, 12:21 PM   #4
(male)

swbluto HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue102
I overanalyze way too much. It's driving me nuts (literally!!!) I have an appt. with the psych, but they are so overbooked that they couldn't get me in until the second week of April. Till then I will just annoy everybody on Healthboards.
Okie dokes. I'll hopefully be getting some kind of diagnosis within a month. So how's the career scene working out?

Old 03-31-2005, 02:17 PM   #5

Blue102 HB User

Hey. It's going well at the moment! What's up?

Last edited by Blue102; 03-31-2005 at 02:18 PM.

Old 04-01-2005, 05:53 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

2cutekids HB User

My husband and his father does. My husband sees everything in black or white, fears change, extreamly intellegent but self limited, intense intrest in hobbies ie, cars, motorcycles, tains, turnpikes old stuff like old road layouts. also he is an introvert, this is some and most of the reasons we didn't think anything was wrong with my son, he is just like daddy then it got worse ... but he is doing great now!

His father, when asked a question goes on a 15 minute speal about it not reading body lanuage that you are bored to tears. I know he has a few others, it almost looks like he is selfish, but I don't think he tries to be, it is his way of coping... from what I understand he was always on the different side even as a child??? Who knows...

I enjoy being in my own head/world. reading absene amounts of books... I think in the last 2 weeks alone, I have read 5??? all the while writing books and taking care of 2 kids, 2 dogs and a husband... I'm obsessed with it... If I could read all day long, I would. I was just reading and I"m going back to reading....sooooo bye

Old 04-01-2005, 10:11 PM   #7
(female)

NZMum HB User

My daughter's psychologist recently told me that EVERYBODY, even the most "normal" of us has *a/some* autistic traits. I myself am not autistic but have a feeling I suffer slightly from anxiety, sometimes my heart beats so loud that my partner can hear it, and it's over the smallest things! Good luck with the psyc!

Old 04-04-2005, 09:14 PM   #8

Blue102 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cutekids
all the while writing books and taking care of 2 kids, 2 dogs and a husband... I'm obsessed with it... If I could read all day long, I would. I was just reading and I"m going back to reading....sooooo bye
Tangent: That's very admirable...I always wanted to be a writer, but I don't have the motivation or attention span... Kudos!

Old 04-05-2005, 03:11 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

2cutekids HB User

thanks I have read 2 more since this post...LOL

Old 04-06-2005, 07:07 AM   #10
(female)

mom2chris HB User

I think I might have OCD (fear of germs). I've overcome it a bit. My mom tells me that when I was just a toddler I used to ask that my clothes get changed right away, if just a speck of dirt or even just water gets on it. I outgrew it before I started preschool. But after my eldest son was born I found myself cleaning and sanitizing everything he was to have contact with. During my pregnancy with Chris I got worse. When he was born the frequent hand washing started, especially because I was breastfeeding him. Now that both my sons are in school I'm not so sensitive anymore, just wash hands when necessary. Back to the lazy slob that I was . I sometimes fear that this may have triggered my son's autism. Or maybe I'm just being paranoid.

Closed Thread