It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autism Spectrum Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2005, 09:55 PM   #1
(female)

ThreeBoys HB User
Question Vaccines and NO autism????

Just wondering if anyone out there knows or has kids that have never been vaccinated and have autism???

I have an almost 4 yr old that is on the spectrum, and I gave birth to another boy (#3) and I am scared to death to get him vaccinated. My husband says NO WAY. But there is a DAN! protocol to follow, a schedule for vaccines........

Obviously my husband and I have the make-up in us to produce a child w/autism. I don't want to take any chances with my newest baby!!!

Thank you for any replies!!!!!!!!!!

The following user gives a hug of support to ThreeBoys:
FreeBirdMom (01-22-2012)
Old 08-27-2005, 12:59 AM   #2
(female)

claste HB User
Re: Vaccines and NO autism????

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeBoys
Just wondering if anyone out there knows or has kids that have never been vaccinated and have autism???

I have an almost 4 yr old that is on the spectrum, and I gave birth to another boy (#3) and I am scared to death to get him vaccinated. My husband says NO WAY. But there is a DAN! protocol to follow, a schedule for vaccines........

Obviously my husband and I have the make-up in us to produce a child w/autism. I don't want to take any chances with my newest baby!!!

Thank you for any replies!!!!!!!!!!
i do know people that have children who haven't been vacinated who have autism, as you probably know autism has been documented since "the wild boy of ayveron in the 1800s, i do believe that there are 2 types of autism, vaccine/accident related autism (environmental), and natural autism (biological), but as autism doesn't usually show until the child is approaching 2 we've already vaccinated our children, hence we don't know if our children are environmentally autistic, or biologically autistic (people do have their own views on what i've written this is just my view!) i do know a lady who had her son vaccinated when he was 3.5yrs for his 1st mmr (children are usually 13 - 18 months when they recieve this vaccination) he was a "normal" child with social skills, good communication, etc, a week after the injection he regressed losing most of his skills, he is now autistic. this proves to me that some children with autism are environmentally affected.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-27-2005, 02:27 AM   #3
Inactive

off kilter HB User

My son Paul now 7 &1/2 was autistic from day one before he recieved any vaccines. I also am a vegan so no fish on my menu while pregnant. Paul's autism is classic. He has had all of the symptoms you would associate with Autism, though with a very early diagnoses while still a infant and with intensive treatment he has been able to develope eye contact,some social skills and has few behavior problems . I am always amazed to see kids who are also diagnosed autistic but don't really fall into the classic or asperger mold. I do wonder if there isn't something else going on that mimics Autism- like the mecury question or a different syndrome and the kids are just being added to the autistic spectrum group because they have some autistic qualitys. My friends son has been diagnosed autistic but due to some strange physical issues she and I both feel someday he may be diagnosed with a different syndrome. He is very hairy,has tiny teeth,spock like ears,low muscle tone ( runs very akward & tires easily). He's had a battery of genetic testing done and he doesn't match anything yet. I think we may find autism symptoms have different causes. since Paul was autistic from birth I would vaccinate another child. If Paul had been developing normally till he received vaccines I'm not sure how I would feel about vaccines. I would be afraid even with mecury removed from vaccines that there may still be something in the vaccines that my children react to that causes the autistic symptoms.

Old 08-27-2005, 04:13 AM   #4
(female)

boysboysboys HB User

Hi,
A few weeks ago when I was reading through this message board I remember seeing somebody's story about their older child, who had vaccines, having Autism. They decided not to get their younger one vaccinated-never had a shot-but he also ended up having Autism. I tried to find that entry on the message board so I could quote it for you, but haven't been able to locate it.
I have twin boys who are 2 yrs. & 9 months who have both been vaccinated and both have Autism. I suspected Autism in one boys from a very early age. He was always different and avoided eye contact. The other twin had a sparkle in his eye from the day he was born. Everybody told me that he was going to be my "trouble maker". This feisty boy changed and was never the same after he had hernia surgery. I'm sure the anesthia has at least as many nasty chemicals as the vaccines do. The boys who was different from the beginning keeps getting better (fewer symptoms), but the one who started out fine seems to keep getting slightly worse. We have an appt. with a pediatric neurologist to make sure he doesn't have some other disorder. I'm so confused about the whole Mercury vaccine thing, since I've heard Mercury was phased out in the vaccines in early 2002, and my sons were born in late 2002. I then found out that Mercury is still in the flu vaccine, which they had at one year old and also got exposed to when, at my doctors recommendation, I had a flu shot during my pregnancy. A lot of other people who have posted seem to think there are more than one type of Autism. If that is the case, then I think I have one child who had it from birth and perhaps one that acquired it as a toddler somehow.

anyway, good luck in your search for answers.

Old 08-27-2005, 05:55 AM   #5
(female)

heatherjudd HB User

THERE IS BASICALLY NO AUTISM IN THE AMISH COMMUNITIES THAT ARE ISOLATED (they don't get vaccinated and are in communities of many thousands when in regular america it may be 1 in 100 or so that have autism, when it used to be 1 in 1000 or so). THE ONLY ONES THAT I HAVE HEARD OF SO FAR THAT HAVE AUTISM ARE NON-AMISH CHILDREN THAT WERE ADOPTED WITH AUTISM BY THE AMISH, OR THE MODERN AMISH THAT LIVE A "SO CALLED NORMAL AMERICAN LIFE" AND HAD THEIR CHILDREN VACCINATED HAVE AUTISM

Last edited by heatherjudd; 08-27-2005 at 08:01 AM.

Old 08-27-2005, 07:17 AM   #6
Inactive

off kilter HB User

Re: Autism/Vaccine info in the Media

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I read the reports on The Amish and vaccines and found them lacking in one major area. They don't mention that Amish populations in the U.S are overwhelmed with birth defects caused by intermarriage. A simple web search of birth defects among the Amish will give you the information. My first husband was Amish and he saw whole families impacted by birth defects so rare they did not even have a name for them. In many areas the Amish live in, they make up only 10% of the population but 50% of the special needs. It May be not a vaccine connection but the lack of Autism in Amish society may be because of the population coming from only a few hundred to start with the Autism gene was not in that pool. Don't hold the Amish up as a model for good health due to lack of vaccines. Amish children die every year from easly prevented illnesses like mumps and measles. It's not unusual to find all 4 or 5 children in a family functioning at a 1 to 2 year old level as adults due to the close nature of a small gene pool. According to reports in the American medical journal

"Outbreaks of infectious disease among communities receiving religious exemption from immunization showcase the effectiveness of the vaccines and the consequences of refusal. In 1985, measles raged through a Christian Scientist school, with 125 cases and 3 deaths.In 1991, there were at least 890 cases of rubella among the Amish in 5 states, and over a dozen babies with congenital rubella syndrome in Pennsylvania alone. These cases would have been entirely preventable with immunization. In a measles outbreak among the US Amish in 1987, there were 130 cases. The attack rate was 1.7% among immunized individuals, and 73.8% among unimmunized individuals. Two Amish died of measles in the following year. In 1979, a polio outbreak paralyzed 14 Amish people in the United States; the outbreak spread to unimmunized non-Amish neighbors. In 1992, a Netherlands epidemic of polio began in a religious community affecting 68 people, paralyzing 59, and killing 2. None of the affected were immunized."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old 08-27-2005, 09:22 PM   #7
(female)

AggieMom HB User

I agree that there are probably several senerios that cause the autistic symptoms that all are put under the umbrella of ASD, and I believe it's possible that thimerasol could be some kind of toxic trigger so to speak. But I have a question for everyone- Am I the only person that didn't know that they were injecting newborns before they left the hospital since 1991 with the Hep B vaccine? From the information I've been able to gather it appears that at one time you might have had to sign a release or acknowledgement for the vaccination, but with all that goes on at delivery who knows what I was signing. Some of the information I've seen suggests that they did not make parents aware that they could "opt out" and wait on the vaccine or maybe it was just flat out mandatory. Some hospitals stopped when the Autism/Vaccination connection came out in the news, and let the parents wait until the child was a little older to get the shot, but it looks like since they are now producing vaccines free of thimerasol (except for "trace" amounts from the manufacturing process) that they are starting to push the mandatory birth dose again. I have heard people say that their child was different right from the begining so they don't think that vaccines were the cause. I wonder if some of them might not even have known that their child was vaccinated before leaving the hospital? I didn't know it. Just something I've been wondering about.

Last edited by AggieMom; 08-27-2005 at 09:23 PM.

Old 08-28-2005, 03:08 AM   #8
Inactive

off kilter HB User

My son received no vaccines at the hospital before coming home. I delayed the start of any vaccines due to other medical issues in the family. He did received the eye care ointment but that was it. I do worry that individuals so intent on blaming vaccines ( actually mercury) may lose sight of other possible causes of Autism. I find sometimes and Aggiemom I don't mean you . If I say Paul's Autism is genetic Mercury proponents still try to find a mecury connection for Paul. ( Maybe the tuna sandwich I had in 2nd grade) Why can't Paul's autism be just that a genetic roll of the dice? I do worry the mecury focus could divert funding and delay finding a way to screen or cure Autism. We need to continue focusing on the bigger picture. A good example is Down's syndrome. Thought to be caused by aging eggs and a main issue only for older mother's. Turns out there are different forms of Downs Syndrome and age of the mother's eggs is only one considerationas my sister-in-law ,then only 23 when she had a down's syndrome child can attest to.

Old 08-28-2005, 05:08 AM   #9
(female)

veelveta HB User

While I believe some cases of autism are genetic, I do think many are due to environmental factors. Why is it that so many parents had normal, healthy children until the child got vaccinated? The child gets a shot, emits a high-pitched scream for hours (a high-pitched scream is a sign of brain swelling), gets a high fever and wakes up the next day staring into space and only goes downhill from there. How is this 'just a coincidence?" Mercury is a neurotoxin. Recent data suggests ethylmercury (which is what Thimerosal is) deposits twice as much inorganic mercury in the brain of primates as compared to equal doses of methylmercury. Some children are deficient in Glutathione and are unable to detoxify mercury and other toxins. To be sure a case of Autism or ADHD isn't environmental, the mother needs to ask herself if she lived near a coal-burning plant, had dental fillings placed or removed when pregnant, had a rhogam shot when pregnant, or had a flu or tetanus shot when pregnant. If she can answer no to all of these, then it's probably genetic.

Re the Amish, in addition to the 2 who were vaccinated and had autism, there was also a group of another 5 Amish children (unvaccinated) who had autism. But it turned out that they all had lived downwind of a coal-burning plant. People often wonder why Silicon Valley has so many cases of Autism. Well, it turns out that there's an old mercury mine there.

We keep hearing about how the Amish always contract and die from diseases, yet my friend who visits with the Amish often never hears such stories. A few of my friends stopped vaccinating their children due to bad reactions they had. How is it that their children manage to avoid disease despite having received only 1 or no shots? Also,I talked to my daughter's teacher the other day and she said that about half the kids in the schoolaren't vaccinated. My dd has been attending for 3 years now and there have been
no outbreaks of disease other than last year some of the kids caught chickenpox. .Another friend of mine took her child (now autistic) to the ER after the child had a severe reaction to a vaccine. The nurse told the woman that she has seen a lot of parents bring their children to the ER due to a vaccine reaction. But don't take her word for it, read the following:

Children's deaths from vaccines, as recorded by the CDC: (Keep in mind that, according to the FDA, only 10 percent of vaccine reactions/deaths are reported, so the number is probably much HIGHER) Chickenpox vaccine Between March 17, 1995 and July 25, 1998, 6580 adverse events -including 14 deaths - were reported to the Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System

VAERS: A total of 54,072 reports of adverse events following vaccination were listed in a 39-month period from July 1990 to November 1993 with 12,504 reports being associated with DPT vaccine, including 471 deaths.
MMR vaccine VAERS reports 7 deaths per year (1990-1994):

From July 1990 thro' April 1994, adverse events following MMR vaccination were reported to US Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System (VAERS); including 3063 cases requiring emergency medical treatment, 616 hospitalisations, 309 who did not recover, 54 children left disabled and 30 deaths.

For OPV vaccine there were VAERS reports of 108 deaths per year over a 5 year period.

For Hep b vaccine there were VAERS reports of 54 deaths per year (1990-98)"The total 24,775 VAERS hepatitis B reports from July 1990 to October 31, 1998 show 439 deaths and 9673 serious reactions involving emergency room visits, hospitalization, or disablement.
Since July 1990, 17,497 cases of hospitalizations, injuries and deaths in America following hepatitis B vaccination have been reported to the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) of the U.S. government. This figure includes 146 deaths in individuals after receiving only hepatitis B vaccine without any other vaccines, including 73 deaths in children under 14 years old. In 1996 alone there were 872 serious adverse events in children under 14 years old reported to VAERS. 658 of those injuries were following hepatitis B vaccination in combination with other vaccinations and 214 of these
injuries were after hepatitis B vaccination alone. In these children under 14 years old, there were 35 deaths after hepatitis B vaccination in combination and 13 deaths after hepatitis B vaccination alone, for a total of 48 deaths.

Last edited by veelveta; 08-29-2005 at 01:07 AM.

Old 08-28-2005, 01:15 PM   #10
(female)

AggieMom HB User

off kilter, no offense taken. I agree that there other causes for autism also. I was just unaware that they were vaccinating kids at birth until I read about it. I don't even know that mine were for sure, but I imagin they probably were- and only one of my two boys born in 1995 and 1998 is autistic. I wish I knew where the focus should be on Autism research. My take has always been, ok he has it, how he got is of interest, but more important is what to do about it NOW. Finding out the cause MIGHT lead to some form of treatment, but we can't wait for someday. Maybe it's because if there was something OTHER than a genetic problem there is more hope (because mercury poisoning is treatable/curable sometimes). We can't fix our kids genes (yet ). Also, and please, PLEASE don't let anyone get offended, but with a lot of genetic diseases there are PHYSICAL similarities with the kids (DS, Williams Syndrome, dwarfism, etc...). Autistic kids don't share any physical markers you might see in a purely genetic illness. It makes it hard for people to accept that there is anything wrong sometimes.

Old 08-28-2005, 01:48 PM   #11
(female)

heatherjudd HB User

Isn't It Interresting That Mercury Was Just Recently Taken Out Of Shots. People Say There Is No Connection Between The Recent Decline (or Stabilization) Of Autism Numbers Because The Mercury Was Discontinued Much Earlier Than The Autism Decline. What They Failed To Mention Is That There Was Never A Recall. So Even After Mercury Was Dicontinued, Many Vaccination Places Had Stockpiles Of The Old Ones That They Continued To Give Until They Ran Out. Might This Explain As To Why The Decline In Autism #'s Happened A Bit Later.
WHAT ABOUT THE MENINGITIS VACCINE THAT IS GIVINE TO EVERYONE AT BIRTH?
I Mentioned This In The Other Thread "this Is Worth A Read"

Last edited by heatherjudd; 08-28-2005 at 02:04 PM.

Old 08-29-2005, 10:39 AM   #12
(female)

ThreeBoys HB User

Thank you all SOOOOOOOOOOO much. Very different opinions, as all the kids on the spectrum are all different as well.....
I know he's got it, and it's hard not to dwell on the WHY, but we do push on to do absolutely EVERYTHING we can for our pecious boy.
Having a new baby is a lot of the reason we want to know WHY this happened!!! And how/IF we can stop it from happeneing to him!!

Thank you all so much. I find great peace just reading your posts which are basically my thoughts coming from other moms who are in my shoes!!!!

Old 08-30-2005, 06:18 AM   #13
(female)

D & K's Mom HB User

Personally, I don't know anyone who has chozen not to vaccinate thrie children. When my boys were born , it was drilled into my head "this is what good parents do" The ped. actually got angry with me because one of Kyle's vaccines was late. I really felt like a bad parent. Until I found out the link between autisim, and vaccines. I was livid!! I was doing what was "right" for my kids, and I did this to them? Although, they are claiming that the vaccines containing mercury, are just about all used up, and that if you request the safer, non mercury vaccines, that's what you get. Now I saw something on the news not too long ago, that stated to ask your doctor if you can actually see the vaccine bottle, check it for mercury, then allow it to be administered. I guess there was a case that a child got a mercury containing vaccine even after his parent requested the mercury free. The parent saw immediate signs of autisim, and sued the doctor. BUt that still doesn't help the child.

Old 08-30-2005, 04:26 PM   #14
(female)

ThreeBoys HB User

oh, yeah!! In reference to D&K's Mom...You basically hand your baby over and let them poke 'em and fill their tiny bodies w/ poison!!! It makes me SICK. A few years ago, my sister-in-law told me she never had her kids vaccinated, because she is this "all natural" person...and I thought, what a "weirdo", y'know? You don't vaccinate your KIDS?? Boy if I only knew then what I have nightmares about now...

Old 09-01-2005, 11:25 AM   #15
(female)

I Love LJC HB User

I have 2 kids my son 19 not in the spectrum my 9 yr old girl is in the spectrum would i vaccinate her again if started from scratch yep but they would of been spread out like my sons.And there is one she wouldnt of got the DTP at 15 to 18 m .Ive also read that some parents see the ASD in children about this time?Her DTPs were to close in my opinion..She would of got her 4 dose DTP at age 2 then 5 dose at age 5. My sons were 2,4, 6, then 2 yrs then 5 yrs.This was his doctors recommendation at this time.I read on the vaccine injury that the Pertussis and MMR could cause encephalitis in some and there are measures like givn tylenol before hand and after vaccine.Then again children with out vaccines are at risk for this also and a host of other things ive read.As always ask your doctor before givn medicine and about vaccine questions and read about them beforehand.This is just my opinion with my girl..Just a thought.Im also not fond of the use of neomycin in some of the vaccines either.Another thing my son went in for a check up they did blood work on him he showed antibodies to one of the vaccines .He never had the vaccine and never had the disease. Me and his doc are scratching our heads over this one.

Last edited by I Love LJC; 09-03-2005 at 08:47 PM.

Closed Thread