It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autism Spectrum Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2005, 12:41 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

DrewsG HB UserDrewsG HB UserDrewsG HB UserDrewsG HB User
Question anyone had this problem?

My grandson has had a problem with ring-worm for about two months. It will not go away with any treatment we have tried. Going to the DAN Dr. on thursday. We were wondering ahead of time hoping she will address this problem soon. Just wondered if anyone out there knows what will help. Its keeping me up at night with worry. We know its a fungus. Is this something autistic children have a problem with?

Old 09-06-2005, 07:41 PM   #2
(female)

Sheronor HB User
Re: anyone had this problem?

I caught ringworm from a stray kitten that we adopted. Eleanor didn't catch it - but she didn't pet the kitty that much. I used an over the counter athlete's foot cream and exposed the area to the sun as much as possible. It took about a month to clear up.

My niece also caught it from one of her preschoolers and it took over a month to clear up.

Ringworm likes dark, moist places - so keeping it dry and in the sunlight helps a lot. It is the same fungus that causes athelet's foot and jock itch.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2005, 05:43 AM   #3
(female)

marissamm HB User

hey gram, how funny my autistic son had that same problem a few years back, he had ring worm all the time i finally started to bathe him nightly in anti bacterial soap and used yeast infection cream after i washed the spots with listerine and it finally cleared up.

Old 09-08-2005, 05:37 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

DrewsG HB UserDrewsG HB UserDrewsG HB UserDrewsG HB User

Our DAN Dr. said today that the large amount of ring worm is due to Drews immune system being so compromised. She gave us a cream and a supplement to help him heal. We'll see.

Closed Thread