It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autism Spectrum Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2005, 08:11 AM   #1
(female)

Kolby HB User
Jeffrey's Mom

This is Kolby's Mom. I haven't been on this board for a very long time. How is your son doing? I would love to hear from you.

Kolby who is now almost 4 is doing pretty good.
He goes to a pre-school 4 days a week for 3 hours.
He loves the school. He is getting Listening therapy. When they first started this he had some regressions but now that they have changed the CD he is doing very well again.

He hides his eyes much less. Can tell you what facial expression you are making (sad, happy...) He talks a lot. He still uses some filler mumbles but the words he does speak are clear. He is playing with toys and sleeps all through the night. Tags and socks and all that do not bother him anymore.
And he is not obsessed with the Alphabet, numbers, shapes and stuff like that. Though he still knows what they are all about. He has less temper tantrums. And I've noticed that he has them because they used to work for him. But now I just walk away and he knows they don't work anymore. It's hard when you are a mother of an Autistic child, to go from treating him one way to treating him like a "normal" child. Though he still doesn't want to go number 2 in the potty we are working on it. I've even questioned his diagnosious lately. Yes, he is still Shy with adults. Yes, he still has speech issues. Yes, he sometimes has problems playing with other children. And yes he doesn't always seem to understand everything you say. But overall, he has come a long way. I am so proud of him. And his school has been awesome!!!! It seems to me like he is less sensitive. I do hope your Jeffrey is doing well to. Please share with me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-08-2005, 08:03 AM   #2
(female)

Kolby HB User
Re: Jeffrey's Mom

jeffrey's Mom
Just resending this to you.

Old 11-09-2005, 03:54 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

jeffreys mom HB User

Michelle; You must have read my mind. I have been wondering about you and Kolby and how you are.... also where you were. I've missed posting to you and reading your interesting posts about little Kolby.

I'm so glad to hear about how well Kolby is doing. Jeffrey is doing very well too. I'm in the middle of what seems like a gazillion meetings with the school system while we are working out his IEP. Jeffrey will be three next week and I'm just sick about what he is being offered for services.

I can't get into it right now as my head feels like it's going to explode into a million pieces and I'm going to toss my cookies. This is has been the hardest thing since the dx.

Again I'm glad to hear from you and hope you stay in touch. Ann Marie

Old 11-10-2005, 08:37 AM   #4
(female)

Kolby HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreys mom
Michelle; You must have read my mind. I have been wondering about you and Kolby and how you are.... also where you were. I've missed posting to you and reading your interesting posts about little Kolby.

I'm so glad to hear about how well Kolby is doing. Jeffrey is doing very well too. I'm in the middle of what seems like a gazillion meetings with the school system while we are working out his IEP. Jeffrey will be three next week and I'm just sick about what he is being offered for services.

I can't get into it right now as my head feels like it's going to explode into a million pieces and I'm going to toss my cookies. This is has been the hardest thing since the dx.

Again I'm glad to hear from you and hope you stay in touch. Ann Marie
I am sorry to hear that. Since Kolby turned three he now goes to a nursery school for his therapy. Though at first I didn't think it was enough, it is. For him anyway. I think he could use more speech though. The hardest thing for me is getting my husband to understand Kolby. He just doesn't participate in learning about Autism. He acts like it isn't real sometimes. I feel like I'm on my own with it. Hang in there and keep fighter for his rights.
He is so young yet so you can have a lot of hope that things will change for the better.
Michelle

Closed Thread