It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autism Spectrum Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2005, 04:40 PM   #1
(female)

jeanned HB User
The reasons for Autism are so obvious!

I can't believe that there is not such an outcry from the parents and families that have been effected by Autism. I have (as so many, Im sure) researched hundreds of hours and its just so obvious that the unbelievable rise in Autism DOES have something to do with the innoculations given to these children. At first you WANT to believe that its something else, but it all leads back to the same thing (those shots) I have just been introduced to articles by a Dr. Wakefield..yet another theory..but this makes so much sence. When our children are given these childhood immunizations..there was so much (thermisol (sp) mercury) that it actually burned out the immune system..thus all the common illnesses (stomach..ear infections..asthma..ect) start kicking in.. then as time goes by they are given the MMR.(which seems to be a common time when these symptoms start to show up. What they have found is the "Live Virus" stays in the intestins..the immune system can't fight if off as it should..this "live virus" then travels up thru the spinal cord to the brain..and then you see the damage (autism)..thats why this is called progressive autism...because in time..and each time they are given these innoculations the body keeps it..does not fight it..and it just ravages the body ..now I know, this is just a theory..but we are working with an organization..(new to us)..that is doing fund raisers, and offers help and information on autism..this was started by Ted Lendsey (red wings hockey) and others to try to support the research that this Dr. Wakefield is trying to do. We are all new to this whole thing (my grandson has autism..just formally diagnosed) but I guess the thing that has me soooo upset right now is, when he started this new program (school) he HAD (as was told to my son and daughter-in-law) to get the booster (MMR) before intering school. He was progressing so well..and in the last few months he has somewhat regressed and we could not figure out why...IS THIS BECAUSE OF THE BOOSTER??..I'm so sorry to go on so long..but I guess I just had to vent...thank you..for listening...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-09-2005, 05:24 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

PinkPiglet HB User
Re: The reasons for Autism are so obvious!

Looking back I can see the Autism Spectrum in my son before he ever got a shot. He was definately different from the get-go. I'm convinced it had nothing to do with the vaccines.

Jeannie

Old 11-09-2005, 05:27 AM   #3
(female)

gsmom HB User

I too must disagree, my son showed signs of Autism from birth long before and shots were given. I truly believe it had nothing to do with his immunizations.

gsmom

Old 11-09-2005, 06:08 AM   #4
(female)

Kempsmom HB User

I also feel that the shots are not our cause!!! Although I do feel that that it is some peoples case just not mine. My son wasn't "right" from the minute he was born!

Kempsmom

Old 11-09-2005, 06:12 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

DrewsG HB UserDrewsG HB UserDrewsG HB UserDrewsG HB User

Jeanned............I agree with you. I'm sure this debate will go on for years. The important thing for me now is to do all I can to help my grandson. I don't seem to have the strength anymore for debate. Trying to find help for Drew and services that won't cost us so much that we have to lose everything is about all we can do now. Drew is improving. That is our joy.
Good luck to you and your family. God bless you.

Old 11-09-2005, 06:38 AM   #6
(female)

Kolby HB User

My son will be 4 in December. What if I say "no more shots!" How will he get into public school?

Old 11-09-2005, 07:16 AM   #7
(female)

KathleenW HB User

I think both sides are right. Obviously if vaccines caused autism everyone would have it. I also believe that because of genetics vaccines can be a trigger for autism. I think it is easy to believe vaccines are the cause if you have video tapes of your child before and after. My son was pointing at everything babbling and talking every second of the day. At 12 months he had 5 different vaccinations including the MMR. A couple of days later the pointing stopped and the talking became less every day. I read an article on Doug Fluties little boy. He was talking in three and four word sentences and was the happiest little boy. (They have video tapes). His son did not get most of his vaccinations until 2. Now his son is non verbal and in his own world.

I decided not to vaccinate when it came time for his five year appointment. I have no idea what to believe. It has really killed me. I just feel that my son is perfect now and I can not risk hurting him. Time will tell if I made the right decision. Has anyone tried the homeopathic vaccines?

I claimed a religious exemption for vaccinations when I registered my son for school.

Old 11-09-2005, 08:07 AM   #8
(female)

Kolby HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathleenW
I think both sides are right. Obviously if vaccines caused autism everyone would have it. I also believe that because of genetics vaccines can be a trigger for autism. I think it is easy to believe vaccines are the cause if you have video tapes of your child before and after. My son was pointing at everything babbling and talking every second of the day. At 12 months he had 5 different vaccinations including the MMR. A couple of days later the pointing stopped and the talking became less every day. I read an article on Doug Fluties little boy. He was talking in three and four word sentences and was the happiest little boy. (They have video tapes). His son did not get most of his vaccinations until 2. Now his son is non verbal and in his own world.

I decided not to vaccinate when it came time for his five year appointment. I have no idea what to believe. It has really killed me. I just feel that my son is perfect now and I can not risk hurting him. Time will tell if I made the right decision. Has anyone tried the homeopathic vaccines?

I claimed a religious exemption for vaccinations when I registered my son for school.

I don't know if vaccinating my son did this or not. He is mild so to me it could be a number of things, the food he eats, antibiotics, shots, born with it?????? Anything. What would be his next shot if he is turning 4?

Old 11-09-2005, 08:54 AM   #9
(female)

KathleenW HB User

There are no vaccination requirements for age four. Some parents split up the vaccines with 2 vaccines when they are four and 3 shots when they are 5 that way their child does not need to get 5 shots in one day. At age four, I told the doctor I would wait until age 5 and then at age 5 I chose nothing.

Last edited by KathleenW; 11-09-2005 at 08:54 AM.

Old 11-09-2005, 01:11 PM   #10
Veteran
(female)

2cutekids HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolby
My son will be 4 in December. What if I say "no more shots!" How will he get into public school?

YOU DO NOT NEED SHOTS TO ENTER INTO PUBLIC SCHOOL.... I just signed a paper... that is it. NO MORE SHOTS!

It is and has always been OUR choice for shots, they just convince you that you have no say in the matter.

Old 11-09-2005, 07:19 PM   #11
(female)

Beautifulchild HB User

I'm not quite sure about what caused the autism in my son. He was different from my other children right from birth. But he is 5 1/2 and was right on the borderline of when they stopped using the mercury in the Hep B vaccines. He got this needle before he even left the hospital.
I think I will try and find out whether his needles contained mercury or not!

Old 11-10-2005, 04:45 AM   #12
(female)

jeanned HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautifulchild
I'm not quite sure about what caused the autism in my son. He was different from my other children right from birth. But he is 5 1/2 and was right on the borderline of when they stopped using the mercury in the Hep B vaccines. He got this needle before he even left the hospital.
I think I will try and find out whether his needles contained mercury or not!
Thats one of my points, these children of given sooo much in the way of innoculations. Right from birth..Hep B..whether it has mercury or not, maybe their little systems can not take this. One of the points of my thread was, if there is such a rise in Autism (over the past 10 yrs. or so) and being that our children are given so many more innoculation than yrs. before, to me there is an obvious connection. I do not buy into the fact that now we are just recognizing it better (autism) or labeling it better..i.e.instead of Mental Retardation, A.D.D.Hyper..and so on. I look at it as ,these conditions have increased over the years, and it has to be in connection with the obvious increase in the innoculations that are given to our children, as well. Mercury, along with the combination of the (amount) of innoculations seems to be way to much for (a lot) of these young children. 1 in 10,000 ten years ago..and now 1 in 150 ? Please, this can't just be that they are now recognizing (Autism) better now.. I just don't buy into this..and they (children ) are also given a flu vaccine, along with their innoculation, look at how (Alzheimers) is in epedemic preportions (in our elderly) sure, as people get older, you might see, a little, demencia ..but now..its Alzheimers?? Again, the elderly are told " to get your flu shot" especially if you have a chronic disease ect. Well, their systems (immune) are already pretty low, with chronic illnesses..or just plain with being older, and then they are given flu vaccines (with mercury) every year. Sorry, I'm rambeling here..but this is , again, IMO so obvious.

Old 11-10-2005, 07:14 AM   #13
Inactive

mommaboyz HB User

I feel thats my sons shot were the cause of his autism. Actually Im positive they were.
Although I believe some kids were born with these signs others were not. Its a sad things becouse ive also done research read books ect. there is a link for many kids and its both sad and sick.

Old 11-10-2005, 07:16 AM   #14
Inactive

mommaboyz HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cutekids
YOU DO NOT NEED SHOTS TO ENTER INTO PUBLIC SCHOOL.... I just signed a paper... that is it. NO MORE SHOTS!

It is and has always been OUR choice for shots, they just convince you that you have no say in the matter.

NOt true. All different states have different laws about it. You may need an exemption for it form your doctor. They can be very hard to get. but Ive never heard before just sign a pc of paper. Its not that easy not in my state anyways.

Old 11-10-2005, 07:47 PM   #15
(female)

geezermom HB User

I know the mother of 5 year old identical twin boys, only one of whom is autistic (mild/PDD NOS or Aspergers, I forget). Both boys got the same shots at the same time, so in their case, it could NOT be the immunizations. The only difference between her boys is that one of her babies in utero was getting less "juice" - this is common with identicals...they share one placenta and often one is much smaller. Women often lose both babies because of this condition in its extreme. The gal I know had an emergency c section at 26 weeks gestation to save the boys. The little one was weaker, got an infection, and had to have some stout medication. He is the one with autism. Either the condition he was in as a fetus, the infection he got, or the drugs he got during his 28th week of gestation made him the way he is. His brother's got some mild developmental stuff (preemie hangover), but is A-okay otherwise. My theory is that obstetrical problems, many probably undetected, are the primary culprit.

We're all looking for answers, and I know you hurt. I'm sorry.

Closed Thread