It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autism Spectrum Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2006, 08:11 PM   #1
(female)

lizz554 HB User
meltdown tonight

Whew!! Just had to vent a little. Turners Dad dropped him off a little while ago and he was so upset that his Dad was leaving he had a MAJOR meltdown. I thought we were past the pukies, but I guess not. Between the ages of 1 and almost 4 the little dude would throw up 2,3, even up to 7or8times a day when he got upset. As a result my 10 yr old daugher developed a SEVERE phobia about puke. fun fun So there I was with Turner screaming and puking on the floor ,my 10 year old screaming and running from the room, the baby screaming b/c I can't pick her up Does it get any funner? So now they're all asleep and I'm in the basement posting about it b/c really is anyone else in the world going to possibly be able to relate other than other parents of spectrum children?

Old 07-28-2006, 11:22 AM   #2
(female)

Liz Cook HB User
Re: meltdown tonight

my sister had a baby this week... tuesday.... and i just got rid of her kids today!!!!!!

we have been watching her two daughters (4 and 5) and their half sister (11) since monday and my 5 year old autistic son has had ENOUGH! for the last two nights he has been scratching biting pulling hair... everything! and this morning i found him drinking tobasco sauce while covered in honey and 5lbs of sugar and floor cleaner... no pukies but a good mess anyhow

we went to the hospital yesterday to see my sister and the new baby and i took my older sister with me. i am soooooo fortunate that she is my sister because she LOVES isaac and even though she doesnt understand autism all of the time she really understands him. he had a meltdown at the hospital while he was outside with her and she carried him all the way back to the room where i was visiting which is no easy feat as i am sure you know when a kid is tantruming and she doesnt ever care what anybody thinks. so i am lucky there.

today has been the first time since monday evening that i have had time to hold my 4 month old son long enough to feed him a bottle. and my husband who we are sure had aspergers had two good meltdowns yesterday himself.

AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH HHHHHHHH!

feel free to vent because we all have been there and it just feels good!

Take Care!

and maybe you can get your daughter into the habit of taking care of the baby when your son needs help... it will give her something constuctive to do and it might help keep her mind off things and keep your concern in one direction instead of a million... i dont know what she would think but she may be old enough to sit down and talk about this in a semi adult manner... letting her know that it would be a big help and letting her know you feel she is old enough to be more responsible... i dont know your family dynamic but you might be able to bring her in on a plan to help with her brother and his meltdown instead of fearing them... just a thought

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-28-2006, 12:14 PM   #3
(female)

lizz554 HB User

Congrats on your new niece? nephew? Regardless , babies are such a blessing Sounds like you had quite the week yourself. Tabasco and honey huh? Sounds yummy I seriously love this board. SO many times over the past few days I've ran to tell my fiance about finding other "kindred spirits".. Nice having people to share with. Am starting a new job with new hours on Monday so I'm sure I'll be posting about that.. Turner handles change so well Oh yeah, I forgot to post my exciting news!!!!! Last night my fiance was talking about his grandfather who recently passed away, and Turner said "jason not happY.. Jason so sad"..MY kid recognized emotion AND showed empathy!!!!! It's the little things that make all the difference.

Old 07-28-2006, 09:06 PM   #4
(female)

Liz Cook HB User

you have been having a cool day

i find it hilarious the things that you get excited about when you have an autistic child our big thing lately is that we find it just great that isaac is hiding things he isnt suppose to have behind his back his ABA instructor was telling us that she thinks its funny (but totally understands and agrees) when parents get all excited about the first time their ASD kids lie

its a funny world we live in, in Spectrum Land

(ps. he's nephew my sister and i have been pregnant together 3 times in the last 6 years... ha! i beat her by 4 months this time and it was the first time that both babies were the same gender! hopefully Tristan (my baby) and C.J. (my sister's) will get along and beat up my older son Isaac because he deserves it for picking on all the other kids!!

Old 07-28-2006, 10:35 PM   #5
(female)

lizz554 HB User

GIggles Loved it when you said the other kids would gang up on Isaac for picking on them. Maddux, our 9 month old daughter gets a HUGE kick out of messing with Turner b/c he gives such delightful reactions. The older 2 kids vie for her attention, but it's way more fun to go up and grab his shirt and watch the fun begin And Jason and I crack up sometimes and tell him it's kid karma At night when he's ready for bed he'll tell me"Get da baby MOm" Cant stand seeing her crawl around when he's trying to rest, no telling what she'll do!!! P.s. between my brothers and me we have had a baby a year for the past 11yrs!! Isnt it nice being able to share with family???Also, did you come across people asking when you were pregnant this time"dont you know what causes that?" As if having a large family is somehow a disease? I cant imagine only having one child..All my kids are blessings.Although a nap and a shower without a little head peeking in once ina while would be great

Old 07-29-2006, 09:12 AM   #6
(female)

Liz Cook HB User

hey, i know exactly what causes it that's WHY i have been pregnant three times never a planned one yet

we live in a pretty darn rural area so big families is pretty common, my mom had 6 kids so i am doing good at only being pregnant three times my sisters and i actually became friends and not just blood relatives who where forced to spend time together on holidays and other family get togethers while we were pregnant together. my older sister only has one child and she is right in the middle on age for the whole bunch! she is also isaac's favorite cousin because she can dish as much and he can and they never cry when they knock each other about so they are a great match... uhm... except when it comes time to clean up the fallout of their fun

Closed Thread