It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autism Spectrum Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2007, 01:51 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

iyami HB User
Smile my very special resolution with a weird inspiration

oddly enough, i got the most incouragment for this resolution from a manga/anime series called "death note"
im not really a fan of the series, i find it to be a bit tedious and morbid.
ive only bothered to watch episodes 6 through 13 (where L. made his big appearances)

BUT
L., one of the two main characters, has Aspergers <3
they dont say it strait out, its considered "fan speculation"
but he wears no socks or shoes, always wears the same jeans and long sleeve tshirt, has bags under his eyes, the way he "daintily" holds things, the way he talks, his indirect eye contact, how he walks and sits, how he fidgets his feet, and his insanely logical way of thinking that averts from normal emotions.

hes SO much like me, i was very happy, and its such a well-known series~!

i was happy to sit and talk and talk and look just like him.

it must be how much i obsess over rules,

he showed me, its OKAY to be a social misfit, he even attended a formal thing with no shoes on and no suit, and have a speech, everyone made mean comments quietly though.

so my resolution is to act EXACTLY like i think i should act, just like how i feel, no more bending over backwards to try to be socially acceptable.
if i want to walk like a windup doll then i will, or if i think something is childish then ill say so. no more social rules for me.

i officially concede to being unable to understand, no matter how hard i try people still get offended

so its better if i just stop worrying right?

one other thing i love about L. is that hes a bloody genious, undisputed, and i didnt know the things like he does were "genious", i always thought i was kind of dumb becuase of the way i talk, it made me very happy to know my IQ really is atleast as high as my school tried to lable me.

did anyone else decide to stop trying to fit social rules too? how did it work out?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-17-2007, 07:03 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

9CatMom HB User
Re: my very special resolution with a weird inspiration

It is not unusual to take inspiration from others. My inspiration is Roger Bannister, a very successful man who didn't always conform to other people's ideas of what he should be. He was criticized by the British press for training in his own way. His way eventually proved the right way, as he became the first to break the four minute mile. He also trained while studying for a medical career. He became a neurologist.

Closed Thread