It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autism Spectrum Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2007, 01:56 PM   #1
(male)

xxinxsxx HB User
Mild Asperges syd cna u help

My partener has mild Asperges syd.What is mild??if we have kids will she past it on??

Old 01-30-2007, 09:07 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

firenice HB User
Re: Mild Asperges syd cna u help

mild asperger's would be hard to notice in a person unless you knew they had it. There could be some slight social ineptness, maybe some slight lack of ability to abide by genral social conventions. There is probably not enough known to say definitively whether or not it is passed on generation to generation but I think it is not that way.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-31-2007, 10:46 AM   #3
(male)

xxinxsxx HB User

wot do u mean would she pass in on??

Old 01-31-2007, 06:30 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

GatsbyLuvr1920 HB UserGatsbyLuvr1920 HB UserGatsbyLuvr1920 HB User

I'd say "mild" Asperger's would be either strong Aspie tendencies that don't warrant a true diagnosis, or if she has received a diagnosis, then just symptoms that are very subtle in everyday life. I consider myself to have a mild-moderate case of Asperger's. The degree of severity depends on the symptom. I have mild social deficits, but I have moderate obsessive tendencies and sensory issues/stimming. Like firenice said, it probably isn't obvious, unless you either know what to look for or they've told you about it. The person just probably stands out and is viewed as "different" or "eccentric." That's how I am for the most part. It's not obvious that I'm an Aspie, until you get me talking about one of my "special interests." After that, look out! And, of course, three people who are very familiar with Asperger's (two are Aspies themselves and the other is into learning about autism) knew I had it before I was ever diagnosed...
-GatsbyLuvr1920-

Old 02-01-2007, 12:59 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

iyami HB User

would it matter if she Did pass it on? its not a disease, and it isnt harmful. its just "being a little weird/quarkey".

no offence but you sound kind of totally rude.

and no one can know for sure if it would be passed on or not,
though more and more children every year are being diagnosed.. it speculated that its humans evolving as adpatation to techology. i dont disagree with that theory when, even many nonverbal auties like to teach themselves to use computers.

Last edited by iyami; 02-01-2007 at 01:02 AM.

Old 02-01-2007, 12:41 PM   #6
(female)

Cherylemma HB User

Hi xxinxsxx
My 8yr old son has been diagnosed with autism bordering on asbergers, he can't pass it on but it can be genetic, my 6yr old daughters teacher has told me that her & 2 other of her teachers have noticed that she also has signs of the same, Matthew has obsessions, he walks on tiptoes, lines items up in specific order, if they are out of line he gets upset, is 8yr old but the ability & the mind/brain of a 10yr old, he takes things literally, if someones bumped into him by accident he thinks they've done it on purpose, if someons hit him he thinks he's been bullied. I was gutted when I found out about him being autistic/asbergers but I know that if he wasn't then he wouldn't be who he is now, he's a very special boy & wouldn't swap him for anything.
Upset that his sisters now the same but know that will accept her for who she is, not what she is, both are very special, my angels, my life.
I hope the symptoms of what my son has can help you, my daughter doesn't have the same symptoms as my son but she hasn't been tested yet, just been told the information about her by her teacher, another teacher & a teacher who works with autistic/asbergers children. With my 2, you would never know unless you were told, we never knew anything was different, just thought it was them being children.
Again, hope I have helped.xx

Old 02-03-2007, 07:50 AM   #7
(male)

xxinxsxx HB User

no it wouldn't be the end of the world but i'd like to no as kids with as are hard to look after etc.

Old 02-04-2007, 02:05 AM   #8
(female)

Cherylemma HB User

As its mild they're not bad, not nasty AT all, are the most loving children you could ever meet, if ever upset just give me lots of hugs & kisses, but how would I know if it was them or the autism/asbergers that is giving the hugs, as I said, they're my angels, love them more than anything in the world, I try not to think of what it is, I think of who they are.
Good luck, hope you get as much love & fun as I do.

Old 02-06-2007, 07:37 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Trixibel HB User
Smile Re: Mild Asperges syd cna u help

I've heard that autism can be a result of food allergies or, as Patrick Holford, a British nutritionist puts it, 'brain allergies'. Your children may not inherit 'aspergers' as such but may inherit metabolic conditions that lead to aspergers. You could do some research. It is being said now that autism can develop in children as a result of immunisations. There is speculation about whether autism related conditions like AS are inherited or whether they are a result of something that happens at birth or in utero. I think the jury is still out on causes. Would love to hear if anyone knows otherwise.

The other thing is, some very creative and innovative people have been credited with having aspergers. So if it is passed down and you don't have kids because you're worried they'll have it too, then you could be denying the world a future genius/musician/writer, etc.

Old 02-07-2007, 06:54 AM   #10
(female)

Mom2PDD HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxinxsxx View Post
no it wouldn't be the end of the world but i'd like to no as kids with as are hard to look after etc.
I have three children, two which are not autistic. I don't think being labeled autistic makes being a parent any easier. I don't find Andrew any different than my daughters other than we have different challenges with him.. And I definitely wouldn't make this a deciding factor on whether or not to have more children. I deal the cards I am dealt. It has been trying, but I can tell you he is more affectionate than my girls are. WHY would you stress over something so silly? Michele

Closed Thread