It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autism Spectrum Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2007, 10:57 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

ladybuggy02 HB User
Therapy??

Hi , my son has as he is 8 we home school .we tried public school and we had a bad teacher for the spectrum kids any way she yelled at some kids in her class and would not let him call home ...he was in hysterics ...any way to make a very long sto0ry short we homeschool through a school he has always loved it there (we did this before) any way after this bad day at school he has to sleep next to my bed , its hard to keep cloths on him,(it took us 7 yrs for us to gain those 2 things )and in 1 day its gone... anyway he can not be alone in a room even if it is across the hall from me with the doors open with us talking!! he can't go to the bathroom by him self and he won't let me turn my back toward him to give him some privacy noo he has started making me look at his eyes so he knows i'm not ignoring him!!his transitioning is way worse he only wants to play video games or play his cards....it is becomeing over powering.... he went to his school a few weeks ago and me and his liitle brother had some alone time that was much needed ...i sent him with my cell. he was fine with that i told his teachers and the counslor they were all great about things any way he peed his pants because he can't go in the bathroom alone!! i had thought it was only at home any way it has been almost 3 months sence this happend i don't know what todo we have had such bad luck looking into therapy but i'm soo tired i had watched oprah, larry king sp., the view any way every body has had sp. on autisum but not alot on the aspergers ?? or is there a hold lot aof diff?? we are seriously thinking of therapy and aren't really sure what todo i think maybe some one to come to the house to help here and what to do . The place where we got the dignoses. is 6 hours away we are in spokane they are clear in seattle .... any way any thoughts would be great .. we had thought at first if we leave things alone his fears would subside by knowing i'm not going any where but instead it seems to reinforced it
Ladybuggy

Last edited by ladybuggy02; 04-08-2007 at 10:57 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-09-2007, 12:25 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

ladybuggy02 HB User
Re: Therapy??

sorry it was such a long post just thought some ideas would be soo nice ...

Old 04-09-2007, 03:18 PM   #3
(female)

MOM23ANGELS HB User

hi ladybuggy02,

i think therapy is a very good idea. otherwise, it sounds as if your sons
behaviors have or will take over your household. the hard part will be finding a great therapist. they are out there, but please if nothing else, do not settle on someone who you feel isn't working for you. ABA worked well for us. it will not be easy but ABA is great at teaching approriate behavior and getting rid of (redirecting) inappropriate behavior.

good luck.

Last edited by MOM23ANGELS; 04-09-2007 at 05:13 PM.

Old 04-09-2007, 03:50 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

BetsyAnn HB User

Hi Ladybuggy. Like Mom23angels stated, therapy is a great idea. If you could get some in ABA that would be ideal.

When I read your post, it made me think of my non-autistic son. He started having severe seperation anxiety the summer he turned 8. I could relate to everything you said, he couldn't be in a room alone, he couldn't even be in the bathroom alone. It turned out that he is bipolar. Now that we have him on a mood stabilzier he is doing very well. He can even stay home alone for an hour or so. I mention this because it is possible to have other issues along with autism and a large stress can trigger such things such as bipolar.

Last edited by BetsyAnn; 04-09-2007 at 03:54 PM.

Old 04-09-2007, 08:04 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

ladybuggy02 HB User

Hi, thank you for the replies ..i feel so alone right now with this ...i called a few places this afternoon local and the were very nice but ,so far i havn't gotton eny where(they haven't been really aware of aspergers) in the mean time my son sits playing video games and playing his cards and correcting me when i'm talking to my family on the phone it is starting to be soo nice out side but we can't go out because it is soo hard to get him there and i can't go out with out him or he panics big time i'm afraid he might get hurt...so when i get him out there his fear of bee's that he things they are there when there not and he beleaves they are all after him.... any way thanks any more info out there would be sooo great

Closed Thread